Thread: update

update

how do i get a update to next version ,, i am running 2.24,, i dont see were to udate

thanks

Banned
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?55518

then register and it will become fully functional, or log to Your account on hptuners page and there is link too

best regards

Potential Tuner
    HPtuners home page

ok i got it ,, i haven't done it , what does it mean when i go to load a file from the repository and it comes up and says unlicensed file, you dont have a license for this file , i have paid for credits close to a year ago

thnaks

DO NOT just start writing files from the repository.

You have a license for a tune licensed to YOUR vehicle. The tunes you are downloading from the repository are for OTHER vehicle/VIN #'s that you do not have a license for.

A. you cannot write other peoples tunes to your vehicle without licensing the vehicle that THAT FILE came from, i.e. you'll burn $100 in credits every time you do it
    B. for different OS's you're asking for issues
    C. the tunes on the repo are all user submitted, and there are plenty that are not very good tunes

Use the COMPARE feature built into HPT to compare your current file to ones in the repository. Then you can copy over any tables you want to copy, mimic, etc.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

i see now thanks , ill use them to compare with , my tune is a stock tune but great all but my shifting 1st to 2nd ,, ill take a look

here is what i am running

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

When is it shifting and when do you want it to shift?

when starting out it takes too long to shift to 2nd and i get a kinda hard jolt ,, i am not after a special tune , i dont have a lot of HP , just stock ,,

i played with a few things ,, and re saved it under a new name ( so i can go back ) and with these settings , 1st to 2nd was a little better but the rest was worse so i went back , can you tell me whats wrong ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

what do you think

The shift time looks like it's set higher than stock for 1-->2 and the shift MPH for 1-->2 is also stock, so I'd try lowering that first to see if it does anything

I do not work on a lot of autos, so I am not much help, sorry
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

are you referring to the first tune i posted ?? and lowering do you mean smaller numbers

thanks for helping

bump

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I can't be much help either, you're just going to have to read more on what others have done and test out your changes untill they feel right to you but shift time - the event time for a shift - looked longer than stock, the 1-->2 he was talking about is the vehicle speed MPH it was set to upshift at. He meant you could try lowering the MPH value required for that shift to occour. There are also RPM tables which values need to be met for shifts to occour & need to be synchronized with the MPH tables, but those are usually just the maximum gear RPM used for full throttle shifts and may not need to be changed in your case.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 06-25-2016 at 04:46 AM.