Thread: Power Enrichment Enable Settings

Senior Tuner

Power Enrichment Enable Settings

Is there some configuration typically recommended for when to have Power Enrichment come in when NA? I've played with the settings a little but was curious what other people find works the best.

Tuner in Training
    A lot of people will set the MAP and torque enable very low and then use solely the TPS % to engage PE. 40% throttle position is fairly safe setting for PE enable.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks. That's what I ended up finding eliminated knock at low RPM and high load while still allowing some throttle input before PE. Just wanted to make sure I was correct in thinking that.

I'm fairly new to this and this is my first LS tune. When rolling into the throttle slowly up a hill at low RPM I noticed two counts of knock and upon looking into it the knock went away after PE finally enabled. Stock was 60 some percent throttle but you can get high load with less throttle than that in a high gear going up a hill.

Tuner in Training
    I've noticed that the amount of enrichment is flat once the enable threshold is hit. Any reason why it doesn't ramp up with either RPM or TPS%?
    91 Jeep Wrangler, 5.3 / 4L60E, Block Hugger Headers, Custom Airbox, L33 / 10:1 / 799 Heads, 2-1-2 Exhaust, Ford 8.8 LS Rear Axle w/ 3.73

Senior Tuner
    It isn't really designed that way. PE mode will be enabled or disabled and never partially enabled. The only time it transitions is when first entering PE mode. When it's enabled it targets your PE AFR and when not enabled it doesn't. The ECU has no algorithm to determine a different AFR to target based on inputs such as RPM or TPS and rather it just has code to enable PE and target the specified PE AFR

PE is on or off.. you might could set the ramp in rates really low to make it "transition" but I've never tried it.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    If you're running openloop you could use the openloopFA table to blend in some enrichment before it goes full PE. Your cruise and light acceleration (40-65ish KPA) stays 1.00 multiplier, then you can add some fuel in the 65-75kPA range, and then have full PE come in at >75kPA. Something around there, anyways.
    I think using primarily MAP to trigger PE makes more sense since its a good analog for engine load, whereas throttle position does not necessarily directly correlate to anything the combustion cares about. As you mentioned, it doesn't take a large throttle blade opening to get full cylinder fill at low RPM. Probably still a good idea to keep a reasonable throttle position requirement as well, for failsafe reasons.