Thread: VE questions

VE questions

I have been doing a lot of research and I'm missing something. I have deleted my MAF, I will not be putting it back on the truck(please do not tell me to put it back in). From my reading you tune the VE table to 4000 RPM, my question is what do you do for 4000-redline? Is this where the PE table comes in? Like I said I am trying to understand all of this as much as I can before I start changing stuff. The truck is a 5.3/s475 combo. The MAF is currently removed and the truck is running the factory SD table. It runs fine, no stumbling or anything like that, you can't even tell the MAF is gone.

If you remove the MAF sensor and tune a speed density upgrade, you can tune the whole VE table no problem. You could tune the whole VE table even without a 2-3 bar upgrade. They say only go to 4,000ish rpm because that's where a MAF sensor would transition in and take over fueling control.

Hopefully you added in a new IAT sensor when you removed the MAF sensor. So basically upgrade to a 2-3 bar OS for the turbo and create a new VE table and start tuning away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you!! That answered my question!! And I will go to 3 bar OS once everything is hooked up, the turbo is there but not feeding the engine currently, and yes I added a IAT