Thread: PWM fan controller

Potential Tuner

PWM fan controller

I recently switched from the stock fan controller to a setup from D3 performance. D3 said I should be able to command 100% fans from the stock ECU and the D3 fan controller would run the spal fans at 100%. Any time I command anything over 90% the fans shut off. I know the stock PMW fan controller was limited to 90% but Im told this D3 unit is not.

This is on a 2007 Corvette with a E38 ECU.

Copy of tune?

When you say "anytime I command over 90%" are you referring to via the tune or have you tried it via the Scanner controls also?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    I used the scanner controls. I figured if it didnt work there it would not work in the tune.

I've had issues with the V3 scanner controls not working quite right, so I'd try it via the tune too and see what happens

Advanced Tuner
    im pretty sure that the E38 uses discrete fan controls. what's probably happening is your fan transition desired % vs current state is not allowing you to use the 100% value.

you should be able to modify the tables to run the fans based on the spreadsheets in the link below...look at post #8. hope that helps!

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Bar-OS-05-GTO
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Potential Tuner
    So it was the HP EFI scanner after all. I could only command 90% there but as soon as I commanded 100% in the tune it worked fine.

I have a problem with FAN switch on off at a LS7 stand allone GM ECU 19258555 LS7_REL7.
    The fan is always running after 4 seconds, or whatever i programme after start.
    Engine hot or cold no different. The Fan starts after START DELAY...
    I could swith the fan on and off with VCM Scanner.
    But i could not change the speed.
    How i could switch the fan on at 190 degree?

Oliver