Thread: Stock 2002 Escalade hitting 7 degrees of KR around 2K

Tuner in Training

Stock 2002 Escalade hitting 7 degrees of KR around 2K

I have a 2002 Escalade, as close to stock as it gets, only mod is a true dual 2.75" exhaust and a 25hp tune from well known handheld brand.

It is sometimes knock retarding madly around 2k under mild load (for example around 16 sec into the log).

What could be the problem here?

but on the other hand I think the good ol' truck is performing quite well, still hitting 0-60 in around 8 sec, after 120k miles!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wouldn't say it's abnormal but stock calibartion do see alot of random knock retard.

Seems the fuel trims are semi high when you are in wide open throttle too. Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor ever to see if it helps any??

You could also try running some 91+ octane to see what it does to the knock. Then a decent tune up and tune can go along way in how that truck will perform.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I?ll try 91 oct and se if it reduces kr, then I can pull some degrees off timing in the 2k range

Tuner
    stock knock retard can go that high on mine the only thing that helped was replacing the plugs to the cold fire tr55's now I get maybe 4k but if you adjust your knock retard attack and decay rate it will kick out the knock retard quick and wont be nothing to worry about. I have tried octane booster ran 93 made no difference only other thing that would of helped in my case would of been a bigger all aluminum radiator just my .02