Thread: Problem performing Crank Relearn

Tuner

Problem performing Crank Relearn

1963 Nova Closed loop 5-28-16.hpt1963 Nova setup 5-13-16.hpt

I have a 63 Nova that I can not seem to get the crank relearn performed on. It Has a 07 6.0 out of a van with a fast intake, small cam, BBK TB, headers and 42lb injectors. The computer is a 0411 out of a 2001 suburban. I got it running in Speed Density mode but it looks like I can not do the crank relearn in SD. So I tried to do a setup for closed loop. The car will start for a couple seconds and shut off. The only real difference between the setups is the enabling of closed loop. Can anyone look at my two setup files and see if anything stands out why it will not run in the closed loop setup. Thanks for any help

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...7-CASE-Relearn

check out this old thread - explains procedure pretty good. I think you will have to add some inputs to be able to perform the procedure - I don't think open loop is a problem but probably no brake input or parking brake input is keeping this from working (I am just assuming these aren't hooked up since this is a swap vehicle) hth

Tuner
    I do have pins #33 and #34 wired to simulate brake applied and in park. What I wandering is in SD mode, the MAF code shows up. Will that prevent it from performing the procedure?

Advanced Tuner
    I suspect that a major code like the MAF will affect it, just my opinion. You can block the code (or any others) easily with HPT... You need footbrake on the whole time, and handbrake too if I recall right....

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

I looked at your file and your fuel cutoff for Park/Neutral are set at 6000rpm. try setting these lower (say 3000rpm) and try again - the re-learn only works if you rev all the way to fuel cutoff (whatever it is set to)

Tuner
    Thanks guys. I'm going try to get it running better before I try the crank relearn again. The injectors I have in it have been laying around for 10 or more years and I just found out today that my 10micron filter is actually 100micron. So I'm going to pull and clean them and replace the filter with a 10micron filter. Right now it idles ok but misses pretty bad when I try to rev it. Thanks again.