Thread: Turbo to NA

Turbo to NA

Have a turbo car that has had a na motor fitted, car is now na while still retaining the turbo ecu!

What is the easiest way to load a complete Ba file into the ecu?

I have another na falcon and have compared files, almost every parameter is different and it's not as simple as "copying" parameters as scales are different!!

How does one get a stock file and load up onto a already licensed ecu?

While the car was turbocharged it was tuned with hp, could ha e swapped all the na ecu,bcm and key over but thought maybe loading a na tune would be easier but I'm having troubles doing that

Advanced Tuner
    Specs on car?

There's a couple of stock NA tunes in the tune repository. You should be able to download and license on then flash it. Can't comment on compatibility tho.

Personally I would sit down with a beer, work my way through the various table while comparing to a stock NA tune and change them all to the correct values for NA so the strategy for the ECU remains correct.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

It's a 2004 xr6t 4spd

Stock with na motor.

I was doing that but most of the airflow and map S rose tables ain't the same tables are different so I can't just copy and paste the differences across.

Throttle counts, and a heap of other idle settings are also setup differently so it would be a guessing game with some of the % and numbers!

Would be easier if I could download a stock file or use the stock file I ripped from a non licensed ecu and upload to this car but not sure that's possible

Advanced Tuner
    1332137240.hpt

Closest i've got is an 02 NA Auto.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    You can rescale tables.

I would do as hiddeous said and make my way through the tune and transpose whatever exact values match up then interpolate the rest. Just work out which bits are critical and which aren't.

As far as idle stuff, open & closed loop delays and tps %age swap overs go just leave the turbo values in there and see how it goes. Obviously you will need to tune some parts but it should give you a very good base map for these areas.

The guessing game you speak of is exactly what you will have to do. It's more like an educated guessing game tho.

At the end of the day you just want your car to start and run well. Providing you have the afr's and timing you desire I wouldn't get too caught up in making everything "perfect on paper" so to speak.

Tuner
    I have done the opposite, used an NA computer to run a turbo car, just without the boost control.. Which map sensor are you using? Just disable turbo logic, look over the SD stables compare and copy over necessary tables and yes you will have to alter some x and/or y axis, do the same with the main timing and fuel tables.. Just my 2c

Advanced Tuner
    would he need to change to an na map sensor and disable turbo logic though, or can he just leave the turbo map and logic enabled?