Thread: 98 3800 firebird turbo sftrim

Tuner in Training

98 3800 firebird turbo sftrim

In my tune, my short fuel and long fuel trim is stuck on 0. Is there something I could have shut off by mistake?

Post the tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I'll do it tonight . At work

Tuner in Training
    Pryes1.hpt

hope this works

having problems with laptop , ill have to load at work ;\
    Last edited by Gbgn1; 05-23-2016 at 11:01 PM.

You got me, closed loop is still setup to happen above 122 degrees.

But that file is one of the most backwards ways I've ever seen someone use the PE functions and that timing table is a whole lotta weird. It's all jagged and doesn't have a decent slope to it at all.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Recommendations?

Tuner in Training
    Its mostly a intense tune.I have changed a few little things to try and help it run. It runs great but im trying to get more fuel up top. Under hard boost.
    Last edited by Gbgn1; 05-24-2016 at 12:28 PM.

I find it far easier to just command whatever you wish to run for AFR under boost instead of having the adder tables change it for you.

You have it setup to start at 14.00 AFR then the add vs rpm table will subtract from that number a given amount over time and rpm like the table says. And the add vs tps is adding even more fuel to your commanded 14.00 afr. Seems easier to get set it to 11.5 afr and zero out the whole ADD vs RPM table and add vs tps. Then you have your throttle pedal % set to zero, so that makes it seem like anytime you press the gas it's going straight into PE mode. Setting the pedal % to 30-40% throttle makes more sense to me.

I would upload a stock grand prix GTP timing table from like a 2000 model. You'll see how it has a nice slope and transition for timing as the rpms rise and you get into boost. You can adjust for more timing as you see fit in the area's that you need too. Mainly the last few rows like .80 to .92.

You also changed the max torque timing table, it's recommended to never change that table. Even says so in the little description.

If you have to do any fuel changes and need more fuel you add to the MAF table by a small %. These motor/computers use the MAF sensor to control fueling.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 05-24-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, Im getting close to maxing out the maf table . Only thing I can do is lie to the tables about injector size and drop the values in the maf table. Like the link for the other thread you replyed too? I do run a lt1 3inch new plastic Maf . So Im not out flowing the sensor.