Thread: 2010 V6 Turbo Camaro Timing issue

2010 V6 Turbo Camaro Timing issue

Hey everyone,

Helping my buddy out by trying to tune his turbo 2010 V6 Camaro @ 5-6psi. We are noticing an issue that as soon as you give it any throttle it seems like its hitting some type of torque management that brings it straight to -20 degrees of timing. There is no registered knock. Just does it anything you give it throttle.

also at WOT after 5000rpm it always drops lean no matter what. Not following commanded AFR either.

Curious if anyone has run into this or knows what to try. I know tables are very limited with these V6 ECUs so this is our last effort to see what can be done for it.

walter v6 turbo camaro 5-18-2016.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Post up a log.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Post up a log.
    ill see if he can grab one for me. It only happens at initial tip in with no knock and low load.

Advanced Tuner
    Tip-In Limiting.png
    Try setting the Tip-In Limiting to disable and see if that helps any.

Advanced Tuner
    And if actual AFR is not following commanded AFR, then you need to dial in your fueling through the MAF Calibration.

Or you could be fuel pressure. Log fuel pressure and see if it is dropping off during your pull.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post datalog
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    The reason for the big negative drop in timing when you get into the throttle is going to be because of your Optimum Torque table adjustments that you made.

Here is a good thread to read on the Optimum Torque table, telling you about how it affects your timing table.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...m-Torque-Table

Here is also a good reads for the Optimum Spark tables.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-tables-how-to
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...K-Really-Works

I know this are all based off of the LNF engine. But they both run the E69 PCM.

Potential Tuner
    I met a same problem ,at WOT after 5000rpm it always drops lean. I try to increase Fuel Rail Pressure to 15Mpa. The strange thing is Injector pulse width drop to 3.8ms. seems like some functions limit the injection.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post up your tune file?

Potential Tuner
    Ok !!

Advanced Tuner
    Set your Torque Management>General>ETC Limits>Tq Mgt Inj Disable to Zero.

Set your Airflow>General>Torque Based>Desired Air Load> 80% Torque/4500 rpms and above to 130's area.

Also you might want to go ahead and change your Main Spark Table's Load Axis a bit. Start with something like this below.
    Stock Timing Table-Stock Main Spark Tables.png
    Modified Timing Table-Modified Main Spark Tables.png

You will have to rescale all the Main Spark Tables once you change the Load Axis values. The screenshots is a example using a stock timing table. That way you can have better control of timing during before boost and while in boost.

Give that stuff a try to see if it helps any.

Do you have a wideband on the car to measure AFR?
    And how much boost are you running?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much!!

Before this Tun04 Version,I have tuned a tun02 Version . In that version, i tuned the Axis ,it has a some problem.
    The boost running 5.8PSI at 6000RPM.
    I have a AEM wideband AFR meter. the meter display AFR 11.8 at full load, and it will drop to lean at 5000RPM (15AFR@5000RPM 16.8AFR@6000RPM)
    In tun02 version ,I use 76mm MAF pipe. i seen the MAF will rach the max@5300 RPM. But the lean happen @ 5000.
    In tun04 version, I changed the MAF pipe to 83mm, and increase Fuel Rail Pressure to 15Mpa, the lean still happen @5000. So, i think the lean and MAF are irrelevant.

Please see my tuning file and log.
    Last edited by mengtao; 07-29-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Well did you recalibrate the MAF Calibration table when you changed the piping?

11.8 afr is pretty rich for these direct injection engines. I would command a max of .84, that would be around 12.35 afr. That is even pretty rich for direct injection. But it is a good safe starting point. For you to dial timing in.

Fuel rail pressure increase is a good idea. Make sure you do monitor rail pressure to see if pressure drops as boost comes in. You should be completely fine tho with that low of boost.

Potential Tuner
    OK, I will do that. Thank you very much !