Thread: commanded lambda 3.0 scanner

Tuner in Training

commanded lambda 3.0 scanner

i got my wideband in last week and installed it this morning -- AFR500 v2. i opted for the version that reads in lambda. I have set up my VE and MAF tunes as well as graph & chart vs time last week. after installing the WB i went for a ride to do some logging but found "EQ Cmd (lambda)" was not logging. also my graphs with VE & MAF error did not log but I'm sure it's because there is no commanded lambda to reference an error. i've attached my graph layout for viewing as i'm sure it's a minor mistake. thanks in advance -beau
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    also in the screenshot provided some of my channels are grey in the scanner, including EQ Ratio commanded. can someone explain why it's grey? feeling special...

We will hit the easy stuff first....the grayed items (also see the broken link symbol to the left) are unsupported by your vehicle and should be removed. Add supported channels as required.

Now, you need to find a channel that is eq commanded....right click in channel table and click Add Channel. I am 90% sure that the EQ commanded you find will not be commanded lambda, but rather just what it says Eq commanded. EQ Ration is the compliment of lambda so you will have to create an expression in Tools>Math Parameters>Math Users which will be 1/[eq commanded]

Go to the Scanner Stickies and there are Graphics and Tutorial videos Carson and I have setup to help...Read/view them and come back with any questions you might have.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the help, Ed. removed unsupported channels and added the EQ ratio commanded channel that was actually supported.

as far as eq commanded, i believe you are right in that the channel chose is EQ Ratio but it lets me chose lambda as the unit which is confusing me. i have successfully created a parameter of 1/eq commanded but what is confusing me is i now have both of them on my scanner. the "EQ Cmd" is what i initially created and i believe it is the EQ ratio and not lambda. screenshot reflects what i've used in math parameter. can someone verify which is actually commanded lambda?

i've also attached my first SDtune log for schlitz and giggles in case any of you would like to provide feedback

thanks
    -beau
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    follow up -- just wanted to confirm for others to reference that Ed was correct in that EQ Cmd, although you can choose units (lambda) within the parameter, is EQ commanded and not commanded lambda. it is necessary to set up a math parameter just as Ed hinted and i have done which can be referenced in the screenshot above.