Tuner in Training

2016 Z06 Not Making Boost

2016 Corvette Z06
    Manual Transmission
    2k miles

2.38 upper pulley
    1 7/8 longtube headers w/ xpipe
    Halltech Cold Air Intake

Tuned the car and it runs great, however it is not making boost. Logs show KPA reaching 130 and with the pressure that's equating to around 5lbs of boost. Stock the car made 9lbs (dont have stock logs) and it should be making 11-12lbs how its set up. I also confirmed this by looking at the gauge in the car as well.

Trying to figure out what is going on. Mechanically everything looks sound, belt slip doesn't look to be an issue, and the bypass valve looks good and everything is hooked up properly.

I will attach my tune file and logs if anyone has any ideas please shoot me a comment. This is an interesting issue that is unfortunately driving me nuts lol.

The logs will include 3 back to back pulls, and a street pull log. (on closed course)
    Dyno_3back2back.hpl
    streetWOT.hpl
    z06 tune file.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steveiguess; 05-17-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Not at the right computer... But did you tune out the boost selioniod so it doesn't bypass boost in the tq management section?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Not really logging enough stuff to figure this out but you are pretty light on spark for sure. Need to make sure that there is no request to bleed off boost for some reason. As Ben stated modify those tables. If it fixes it I'd still want to know who made the request to bleed off...Also raise the DD a bit more and make sure your logging the right PIDS for actual throttle angle
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Tuner in Training
    Thank you both for your input. Ended up being that i was not reading the proper High-res map selection. I'm seeing 181 kpa, so were getting boost lol.

Thank you as well (Howard?) for your help earlier. I owe you lunch next time i'm in that area!

As for the spark, what makes you feel that it is light, and what tables are you referencing for the DD?

Tuner in Training
    Also, what is a typical amount of timing you guys like to see with these cars?

I also updated the main post with a new log file, with updated layout.
    Last edited by steveiguess; 05-17-2016 at 10:18 AM.

you will probably be in the high teens up top with a pulley....

so far on pump 93 mine likes 15 at 3800ish and 20 above 4500ish. I could probably squeeze a bit more out of it but don't see the point.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    you will probably be in the high teens up top with a pulley....

so far on pump 93 mine likes 15 at 3800ish and 20 above 4500ish. I could probably squeeze a bit more out of it but don't see the point.
    Mine is currently peaking around 16.5-17 depending on temp, and a few other factors. Are you able to furnish a log/tune file to compare?

what are your mods, and what did the car make for power? Auto or manual?

I am relatively new to this so I am trying to soak info in like a sponge tuning wise.

Quote Originally Posted by steveiguess View Post
    Mine is currently peaking around 16.5-17 depending on temp, and a few other factors. Are you able to furnish a log/tune file to compare?

what are your mods, and what did the car make for power? Auto or manual?

I am relatively new to this so I am trying to soak info in like a sponge tuning wise.
    I am referring to a stock Z06.

Quote Originally Posted by steveiguess View Post
    Thank you both for your input. Ended up being that i was not reading the proper High-res map selection. I'm seeing 181 kpa, so were getting boost lol.

Thank you as well (Howard?) for your help earlier. I owe you lunch next time i'm in that area!

As for the spark, what makes you feel that it is light, and what tables are you referencing for the DD?
    There are so many PIDS to pick from it can be tricky to grab the right ones. Spark wise if your around 13-14 psig seeing 17-18 is pretty reasonable but depends on fuel quality.

HT
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    There are so many PIDS to pick from it can be tricky to grab the right ones. Spark wise if your around 13-14 psig seeing 17-18 is pretty reasonable but depends on fuel quality.

HT
    Its seeing 17-17.5 with 0 KR on 13 lbs. It's just on 93 over here. I am contemplating e85 however...

Also, we made all pulls on the dyno in 4th (dynojet). Would there be a variance in power as were not in the 1:1 gear (5th)?

Most people dyno those things in 5th gear, 6th gear is 1:1 but with 2.41 axle ratio the speeds on the rollers would be ridiculous.
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)