Thread: My scanner not showing KNOCK RETARDS... CONFUSED :'(

My scanner not showing KNOCK RETARDS... CONFUSED :'(

On my screen it seems to not be showing any Knock Retard reports, or am I reading this wrong? I looked at other people's logs and have seen KR... Can someone please help a Newb... THANKS!!

No KR.jpg
    Latest (5-11-16) - Steven.hpt
    5-12-16 Log.hpl
    v3 graphs.Graphs.xml

Advanced Tuner
    Anything that you want to log, must be captured in the channels list on the LH side, otherwise there's no data for the charts/graphs etc. You just need to add a channel, and choose KR...

-D
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Ok I got the KR set, but its not showing or registering across the board, it is only showing on the top row, AKA 0.08 Cylinder Airmass (g), did I do it wrong, or how can I fix that bud? Thanks!!
    Knock Retard 5-15.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceDaLova View Post
    Ok I got the KR set, but its not showing or registering across the board, it is only showing on the top row, AKA 0.08 Cylinder Airmass (g), did I do it wrong, or how can I fix that bud? Thanks!!
    Knock Retard 5-15.jpg
    You have to also add cylinder airmass in the channel list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    You have to also add cylinder airmass in the channel list.
    Thanks man, I finally got them across the board. Now its time to learn to do some tweaking to get rid of the ones I have and to start pulling some power and MPG out of my truck until I get my cam and headers installed.

KR AcrossBoard.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    No problem

This is the adjustment I did to the tune to hopefully fix the Knocks I'm spotting to get them ALL to 0 until I can flush my fuel into 93 octane instead of the 89 im currently running... I am running NONE ethanol for now, is there really a difference in the potential 10% ethanol to the so called NONE ethanol? I am flashing this tune after work and testing it home and logging on the way home and hopefully I will see NO KR.

KR AcrossBoard (Fix).jpg

Advanced Tuner
    This is the adjustment I did to the tune to hopefully fix the Knocks I'm spotting to get them ALL to 0 until I can flush my fuel into 93 octane instead of the 89 im currently running... I am running NONE ethanol for now, is there really a difference in the potential 10% ethanol to the so called NONE ethanol? I am flashing this tune after work and testing it home and logging on the way home and hopefully I will see NO KR.

KR AcrossBoard (Fix).jpg
    Well you won't see much difference, but technically 93 octane with 10% ethanol will be best for performance. Because of that 10% of ethanol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Well you won't see much difference, but technically 93 octane with 10% ethanol will be best for performance. Because of that 10% of ethanol.
    Oh, ok. I thought none ethanol gas is better to run in the older vehicles like the pre-flex fuel vehicles, aka my 1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7. Like for the fuel filters/fuel pump etc. So if it's better to run the ethanol gas, I'll start running that then. Instead of paying the extra 25-55 cents a gallon more for none ethanol. And also, is their a recommended spark plugs I should run on my basically stock truck? I mean all it has is straight exhaust no cats, flow master super 40s, true duals, open filter intake (not cold air), 3.73 gears, that's basically it, I have a LT1 cam and long tube headers I'm about to put on it also. Thanks for all the input, oh and after my log after adjust timing down, it actually popped up KR in other parts, and I lowered those back a few degrees and some others popped up, and I just put 6.8 gallons of premium aka 93 octane fuel to start the conversion into full premium fuel. Thanks for the help.

Finally fully figured out the KR setup and got rid of them all (im undertuned right now but wont be long hopefully after I can

I found it the wideband I want...
    http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-4110-UE...ds=AEM+30-4110

HEADERS ORDERED, Cam in attic, True CAI ordered... Time to order Wideband, so When it comes in ill install all the mods and hopefully get a good tune on the mods and start pulling some real power and torque and MPG on this ole 98...
    Last edited by DiceDaLova; 05-19-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks man, I finally got them across the board. Now its time to learn to do some tweaking to get rid of the ones I have and to start pulling some power and MPG out of my truck until I get my cam and headers installed.

KR AcrossBoard.jpg
    I am a newbie to hp tuners and I am having the same problem you described. Would you be able to guide me step by step on how to get my kr to start registering?

The 2nd post has your answer. The knock retard channel must be present in the main channels list. If it's not there, it will not be logged.

Sometimes it may be best to start your own thread as this one is 3 years old. Or do a google search or youtube search as there are tons of video's on there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate the input...So when I am on the graph I hit the right click button and choose the "graph layout" option, I then go to add graph, and then choose "add table" and then I edit the add table to add the knock retard. I have tried to modify the knock retard choice all of the different options it allows such as choosing Knock Retard and then I get asked if I would like to use as generic sensor instead and the choices are "yes I will use generic sensor" or "No I know what I am doing"...I am really struggling with this. Is there a step by step way to enter it into the main channels function as you say?

Take a look at the pictures/screen shots in this thread. The channels list is the box to the left, those are your channels.

If the knock retard channel is not in there, nothing will be data logged in the charts, gauges or graphs.

So if the channel is missing on the left side channels list, you have to right click and add the channel there.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Excellent. Thank you.

Tuner in Training

tuning a Nissan 370Z

what if knock retard is not listed in the add channel list?
    M1ne
    2016 Corvette Z06 w/Z07 package

Quote Originally Posted by M1ne View Post
    what if knock retard is not listed in the add channel list?
    Then it's likely not supported. This is the GM section and it would be supported on these style computers but it may not be supported on the Nissan you are working with. I would browse the Nissan section to see what you find regarding that.

Tuner in Training
    sorry should have asked this question in another sub forum
    M1ne

Tuner in Training
    thanks
    M1ne