Thread: Please, some help tuning up PCM of C5Z with new assembled LS7

Tuner in Training

Please, some help tuning up PCM of C5Z with new assembled LS7

Hello,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read. Now, I finished assembling my new LS7 motor a few months ago. It started as a brand new LS7 block, with Callies inside, Wiseco pistons with -2.8cc, PRC 265 LS7 heads, 235/251 0.658 0.660 113 LSA, 1 3/4 SLP headers, Borla Stinger exhaust, Vararam, Racetronix fuel pump and upgraded harness, LS7 fuel injectors, and 11.6:1 SCR, etc... I installed this engine in my 01 C5Z, with obviously installing the right harnesses (Katech), knock sensors at the sides, 24X reluctor ring properly set, 1X cam gear, front cam sensor, etc etc. The point I want to leave cristal clear, is that the engine assembly and installation was performed by me with all the care due.

The engine has already 300 miles, and I have been performing the break in period, soooo, no hard push on the gas pedal, no more than 4,000 rpm (mostly), etc. I have been dialing the VE chart (sorry, no WB), MAF, already set the new values for LS7 injectors, worked a bit with the timing chart, BUT, the most important thing I have performed the calibration of the Knock Sensors based on the fact that they are now installed at the sides of the engine block... I used the knock sensor updated data from a file that belongs to a really good friend with the same mod as I (C5 LS7).

I am having troubles with the car, as I cannot perform a WOT test, because it instantly goes into wild KR, and I know just looking at it, that my file has not any crazy data that might compromise the fuel mixture to cause knock, nor the timing is crazy wild. The knock sensor data I have set is the same used on a car with a smaller cam than I do, and stock exhaust... Would that mean that I have to "relax" more the knocks sensors?

Please guys, take a look at my files, and comment! Please.

Note. I have performed multiple iterations of the VE data adquisition, as I do not have a WB.

C5 Z06 with 427ciLS7 H-C-I 104 29 abril 2016.hpt

14 mayo 2016 19 41 hours.hpl

Thanks in advance.

Rodolfo Lara Pohlenz
    Last edited by Rudolph; 05-14-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    Camaro Z28 1999
    T56
    Road racer

Tuner in Training
    Please... Some advice.

Thanks again.

Rodolfo Lara Pohlenz
    Camaro Z28 1999
    T56
    Road racer

Advanced Tuner
    You must have a WB 02 to tune the VE and MAF tables properly. You spent $8-10k on a new motor, don't go cheap and not buy a $250.00 WB 02 unit. NGK AFX makes a decent one.
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss View Post
    You must have a WB 02 to tune the VE and MAF tables properly. You spent $8-10k on a new motor, don't go cheap and not buy a $250.00 WB 02 unit. NGK AFX makes a decent one.
    I know the percentage of certitude when tuning the puter, using a WB is higher than only base this on fuel adders, but respectfully that is another story that may be linked in some way, but not in such a way that I cannot receive a suggestion for my KR problem and the Knock sensors sensitivity issue.

Thanks...

Rodolfo LP
    Camaro Z28 1999
    T56
    Road racer