Thread: 2000 LS1 very lean in PE

Tuner in Training

2000 LS1 very lean in PE

Looking for some ideas here guys. Tuning a 2000 LS1 Camaro M6 with LTs/ LS6 intake and TSP V4 cam. Connected my brand new Daytona WEGOII dual channel WB got that all working in the scanner. Dialed in the idle settings and part throttle VE table that all came together nicely. Plugged the MAF back in and it needed some pretty large adjustments which seemed odd. Tried to do a WOT pull with it and my commanded AFR + EQ came down nicely about where I wanted it but my actual WB reading went off the charts lean. Commanding 11.7 actual 16.5. POURED fuel to it and got it in line but the MAF table ended up way out of wack with 50% adjustment in some areas and max values up top. Attached - rough tune I ended up with trying to get WOT AFRs drivable, Has 40%-50% fuel added in some areas of the MAF, log that looks pretty decent if you don't know how it got there, and the layout file for the log.

Its almost like PE doesn't actually do anything even though it is changing the commanded AFR down to where I want it to be. When PE comes on it just gets leaner and leaner. Ill also post a log of before I changed the MAF table I guess. Pull 1 log is with the stock MAF table, I know the throttle wasn't open all the way on lean log 1 but it did the same thing once I got the throttle 100%
    Attached Files Attached Files

No leaks in the exhaust before the wideband right?

How sure are you that your new wideband doesnt have a faulty sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

you are commanding too rich of an AFR and your fuel trims are still on. You might want to turn them off and Tune WOT with just your wideband. IF you wish, turn your fuel trims back on afterwards.

Senior Tuner
    Fuel Pressure.

Tuner in Training
    No exhaust leaks, widebands seem accurate everywhere else. Both were brand new in the box, capped bosch sensors before they went on this car. Car is definitely leaning out. Fuel trims are 0 to -5% in closed loop and locking in at 0 in PE. Fuel pressure was what we were thinking too. Just ran it with a fuel press gauge on it though and it is holding 56- 58psi wot. Just went out and ran some logs with IDC and Injector PW scanning. WOT with the MAF table cranked up where I had it to get my target AFR the PW was close to 21ms and the IDC where touching 105% at the top. Put the stock MAF table back in and tested and the PW doesn't come up at all when it goes into PE. Is PE supposed to multiply or add to the PW to get target AFR? Is it normal to have to add up to or even beyond 40% to the MAP table to achieve target AFR with a modified engine and stock injectors?