Thread: Fan Issue With 2 Bar OS - '05 GTO

Tuner in Training

Fan Issue With 2 Bar OS - '05 GTO

'05 GTO M6
    VCM Editor 2.24.1172

Able to flash PCM to 2 Bar OS and set the fans accordingly for a 160* tstat per http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-lack-thereof.

Started the car while data logging and ECT crept up past 200. Checked if the fans were running and they weren't. Re-seated relays, tried again and same.

Changed fans settings from 163* on up to 100%, let the car cool down, tried again and fans on full blast. Now I know that the fans physically work so it must be the tuning.

Changed fans settings back to original 160* tstat settings and fans not working. What am I missing?

BTW, after upgrading to the 2 Bar OS I replaced the MAP sensor with the appropriate item #12615136, test drove the car and all was well. Only change since then was changing the fan settings.

Suggestions?

VCMSuiteInfo 051416.txt

Fan Test 2.hpt
    Last edited by LFSADRG; 05-15-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Bumping this thread. If anyone is able to check on my tune for advice on what is going on I would appreciate it. Unable to drive the car reliable.

Emailed support on Sunday but no response as of yet.

What temp are you wanting them to come on at?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery wire for 20 minutes?

Do they still work if you set them at 100%?

Tuner in Training
    Would like the fans to turn on at 185*. Did not try to disconnect the battery but will give it a try. Yes, the fans do work if ALL cells are set to 100% or I used the special functions in the scanner to turn manually turn them on and off.

have you tried setting 185 and up to 100%?

Tuner in Training
    After troubleshooting this weekend it appears that the ECU doesn't recognize the proper temps. Relays good, temp sensor good, wiring good all per Helms service manual for 05-06 GTO.

Advanced Tuner
    have you tried following these excels? they worked great for me. I happen to find this in an attachment in the fan control in the sticky. I have also seen a few other threads regarding fan control. it should work for your set up with the 2 bar fan control. follow the instructions in pink, populate your data stock data in the second sheet then line that up with the data you want to see. play with the numbers until you get the results you want, and once the red and blue dots and lines line up, you should be able to download that back into your tune and get the fans to act correctly. there are two...one for temp control and one for ac control. like I say it worked great for me.

here are the two links that helped me out.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...gs-Spreadsheet
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...rol-discovery!
    Last edited by JBZ; 05-26-2016 at 08:19 AM.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Potential Tuner
    This is a great help. If we have a discrete fan do you need to do anything with the Duty Cycle option? Or is this only applicable with a PWM Fan? Thanks,