Thread: BA ECU's

Tuner in Training

BA ECU's

ive been searching around the net for the last couple of hours and i cant seem to find any info on the BA ecu's compatability with HP Tuners....
    im dropping a BA e-gas engine in an EF Falcon so i need an ECU and harness but the trouble im having is getting an ECU that can be read in VCM Scanner, ive been to the wreckers twice now and and picked up and picked up an ecu which niether have could be read by the VCM Scanner.

do i just keep going to and from wreckers till one works?
    or do i just get 1 and wait till HPtuners updates and it can be read?

Advanced Tuner
    No offence, but sounds like user error. The scanner is the logging software?

What version of HP software are you using?

Tuner in Training
    im doing nothing different as i would with the XR6T im playing with though?
    im using Version 3.0.96

i have to manually enter in the ECM and it reads stuff all parameters. apparently V3 lost alot of ba info so im just trying to find out what BA ecu's people are able to scan all paremeters on

All the na ba pcms ive tried still don't work with 3.0 mate I still use 2.24 for these

Tuner in Training
    Righto, I've come across a BF xr6 (non turbo) ECU that came factory 4 speed, has the 3 plugs into the ECU unlike the others which have 2... So I should be able to run the turbo pressure sensor?

Any1 know if a BF ECU will work with a BA harness as it hasn't got the zf trans?
    Also from my understanding is the BF's have DIVCT which the BA doesn't but the BA has all the hardware installed to run the cams independently just not the software?

Can any1 confirm..
    Cheers!

G'day, I am going through this at the moment, I have BF PCM and BA harnesses so far the only thing I definitely can tell you is alternator on BF has Can Bus wiring which goes to EEC-B connection on PCM, unfortunately the BA shop manual I have doesn't have the plug schematics like the BF shop manual does, so will be a slow job finding what wires are different. Sorry cant really help more at this stage, but will do more checking when I am back next week.

Advanced Tuner
    Attached is the BA Pin outs for the PCM and linked here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/z63d4uv9i5...ystem.pdf?dl=0 is the full electrical manual. Wiring for the VCT solenoid is physically different. BF has common power and seperate earth (via PCM) for each solenoid. BA has the solenoids wired together hence no independent control.

The PCM connector on the Alternator is for variable output control. I've asked HPT to map the table for this several time but they state it A: cannot be found B: doesn't exist. SCT has this mapped. It would be very useful to have this mapped for cars running batteries (optima/oddessy etc) that require a higher charge rate than stock lead acid cells.

I6 PCM 1.pdfI6 PCM 2.pdf
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Thanks Luke, that's what ive been chasing, the guy I got the manual off must have left that bit out, I have all but plug pinouts for BA.

Advanced Tuner
    It's in a weird spot in the BA manual.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    I've asked HPT to map the table for this several time but they state it A: cannot be found B: doesn't exist. SCT has this mapped. It would be very useful to have this mapped for cars running batteries (optima/oddessy etc) that require a higher charge rate than stock lead acid cells.
    If you send them a stock file and a file with JUST that table changed, they will usually add it pretty quick since they don't have to go on a scavenger hunt for it.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Have done that mate.