Thread: Open loop,maf fuel ve and maf error off on different days.

Open loop,maf fuel ve and maf error off on different days.

Hello all, its a 2002 camaro ls1 a4 operating system, I did a ve and maf tune on a 60-65 degree day and sunny and all the ve and maf errors were +1 /-1 all the way around. The next day i drove the car on a cooler, 45 degrees and cloudy and the car was running richer, -5 on the average all the way across in the same tables that were close to zero. Is this something i have to live with running open loop maf all the time? Thanks

Tuner
    Fueling shouldn't move around that much with a MAF... I'd say that your injector data is wrong.

that's what I was thinking. I've been searching around for the correct data. I guess nobody wants to give up that info......thanks...

If you're using a hybrid fueling tune (MAF and VE) you will get AFR error creep at idle or around idle in open loop

Enable the MAF at like 200rpm and 100 for the hysterisis. see if your AFR error moves around the same as it did before.

I did notice that once i lowered the maf to 400 rpms when i tuned, the trims did fall into place without changing anything else. Also i noticed if i start the car a few times when its at operating temps the trims change. Odd.