Thread: Is the GM 2.2L OHV supported.

Tuner in Training

Is the GM 2.2L OHV supported.

I have a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire with a 2.2L OHV (pushrod) engine. The VCM 3.0 Supported Vehicles says 1997+ Sunfire/Cavalier 2.2/2.4. Now the Ecotec did not come out until 2002 in the j-bodies & the only engines available prior to that are the 2.2L OHV & the 2.4L twin cam. With this I would assume my '99 is supported.

But

I have run through all the *reads* in the software & it fails to read the vehicle. It does see that its a 1999 Sunfire & reads the VIN but thats it. Am I missing something?

I have a copy of the 2.x software that I will have to try this weekend.

Just for keywords there engines were in the S-10's.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Yes that is a supported vehicle. However you definately should've received an error message if it wasn't able to read, that will be very helpfull for troubleshooting. From just a quick glance I would reccomend updating to latest software release. If it still won't read you may have to E-mail a copy of your factory tune in to support, if an error message indicates something like your file definition still can't be read at that point. Did it a quite while ago and trying to go off of my memory here. P.S. If you ever decide to try and really build up that motor (don't do it man!) I've got some spare goodies lying around here for it you could probably steal off of me real cheap. But for now, we've got to get you up & tuning.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 05-03-2016 at 07:02 AM.

It is supported.