Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF XR6T dying in the arse???

Go and force a boost cut situation and data log it at the same time

It will give you first hand experience and data to back up what you felt
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    soo i have another mate that has the exact same problem but has started since he fitted a 12 pound TS actuator....... it even has the rough idle afterwards (apparently....)
    it has been tuned previously for 10psi so its gotta be overboost and by the look of a log i took with forscan it seems to cut fuel as the STFT goes from 24% to -4% as soon as it happens
    Attached Files Attached Files

Who tuned that file ?
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    he bought it like it, he has dyno sheets from some place in brissy cant remember what its called though.... whys that JET?

Advanced Tuner
    I would love to data log, maybe when hp tuners sort out there ba stuff. The car I was playing with hit like rev limiter then run rough, when I upped the desired boost the problem went away. If you google the problem lots of people have it. Just looks like the people that have resolved it are staying tight lipped.

Tuner in Training
    yeah i just done the same thing, but just changed the overboost threshold and the problem went away on the BA, but then i changed the WGDC to 1 across the rpm range and then it decided to boost to 20psi sooo i quickly changed that back.....but ive done that on another ba and it still only boosted to the desired boost? the one that spiked has a 12psi wastegate though so i wonder if thats why?

Advanced Tuner
    From what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong any one. You will need to set your desired boost to what boost you actually want, then play with wgdc until your actual boost is the same as your desired boost.