Thread: 6.1 SRT8: how to increase throttle voltage?

6.1 SRT8: how to increase throttle voltage?

Seems like my Arrington 90mm TB wants more voltage to hit 100% opening than the stock one did. Anyone know how to increase this? I tried increasing the last axis cell in Desired Throttle: Large Range to 3.9v, without effect. It still hits 3.80v at WOT.

Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    I believe that is normal, I have never logged more than 3.8 volts or so WOT with a stock or 90MM Arrington.

I know its normal, but I'd like to try increasing it if possible.

Senior Tuner
    Sorry by normal I meant 3.8volts means it is WIDE open, cannot be opened anymore. Best test is to remove the TB, put a meter on it, supply 5 volts and a ground, and then manually open the throttle body all the way and measure the output volts. I wouldn't do this hooked up to the car though, I have heard it can damage it or mess up the calibrations in the computer requiring a throttle relearn.

I've done this on the car, and it does do some weird things once you pass about 4V. The TPS jumps from 4V to 5V and stays there no matter how you move the throttle. Cycling the key fixes the issue and the car drives fine afterwards.

My OE throttle is wide open at 3.8V, but my Arrington throttle is not.

Senior Tuner
    Interesting, I have the Arrington as well, never noticed it not opening all the way when reading 3.8v

I think it will take two tables to get more. First is the Pedal Follower table, looks like max itll give is 3.9v based on a pedal position of 3.7 volts, since pedal isn't changing I would up the commanded from 3.9 to say 4.1?

Then in the Throttle Max table, mine is capped at commanded of 4.00v, I would up this to about 4.2v.

I have never done this so, proceed with caution.

My Pedal Follower is 3.95V, but the most I see is 3.82V. The help text says the Pedal Follower is only used during transients, so I don't think this is the limiting factor. I'll give it a shot anyway and see what happens.

Senior Tuner
    You may also need to play with the Throttle Body Airflow table so that your max airflow you put in there hits at the voltage you truly think its wide open. Most tunes have the 3.8 and 3.9 rows set as their max airflow, this could be part of the problem, as well.