Thread: cam limiter tuning

Tuner

cam limiter tuning

any body done a 5.4 or 4.6 with the cam fazer limiter in the tune

Done several, what is your question?

Potential Tuner
    having a similar issue, car makes great power on the dyno go to drive it and it will throw a p0010 code and die. has comp mutha thumper cams on an 07

Quote Originally Posted by 1200923367 View Post
    having a similar issue, car makes great power on the dyno go to drive it and it will throw a p0010 code and die. has comp mutha thumper cams on an 07
    P0010 in a circuit malfunction in the VCT solenoid/circuit. Now did you eliminate the variable cam timing completely by installing block offs in the VCT gear, or did you just put limiters. If you blocked it off completely, you can just turn Variable Cam switch off, and switch the P0010 switch off. If you put the limiters in, and you want some form of variable cam operation, you have to diagnose your circuit issue. My first guess would be a broken connector on the top of the bank 1 VCT solenoid.

Tuner
    well i have been busy so thanks for the info we have put in the comp lock outs it had than noise in it from to cam acutor any timing that needs to be added to low end or no and just turning off vct will stop all the vct???

Potential Tuner
    What strategy did you use on the tune?
    I have 5.4L3v with Comps Mutha Thumpr
    It requires a tune and Comp is no help on their ?tech line?- any tuner can do it, they told me
    Thnks