Thread: Clutch position sensor learn disabled

Tuner in Training

Clutch position sensor learn disabled

2011 Corvette E38 ECM
    I'm trying to do a clutch pedal position sensor relearn but the car won't store any values. Using the scanner I can see the learn status is "disabled" which is why it won't store the clutch fully depressed value. Currently the start switch voltage value is 0.0 volts, which I can't even push the clutch in far enough to obtain that number and thus I can't start the car. I don't know why it's disabled, how it got that way, or how to enable it. I also have a Tech 2 and still can't enable it or get the car to store a value.
    I have two DTC's. P080A(clutch position not learned) and P0315(Crankshaft position not learned) which I expected due to a new ECM install. The new ECM is the correct part number and has the proper GM base software on it. This issue was also present with the ECM I removed, however I could still start it because the start switch required voltage was something like 1.4 volts as programmed from the factory. Has anyone had a problem like this before? Trying to get to the track this weekend so any ideas are really appreciated.
    Thanks for the help.

Any news sir ?

I have a similar problems
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

Advanced Tuner
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Tuner in Training
    No, not any useful info. You can disable the requirement to push the clutch in to start the car so I did that. I kinda like being able to start it without the clutch so I haven't bothered trying to figure it out yet. Its on the list just waaaaay down low now lol. What is strange is I was able to program the clutch pedal learn position multiple times prior and then bam, one day I couldn't I was setting up a clutch pedal stop.

I ended up putting my original ECM back in since the new one didn't fix a separate issue(permanent misfire code, but no misfire). Still says disabled as the learn status though. Could be simple like a bad position switch but I haven't taken the time to install a new one and see if that fixes it.