Thread: spark control table & others RE: RPM in some tables

Tuner

Exclamation spark control table & others RE: RPM in some tables

Going through some of these maps, I've noticed something, and I may be wrong, but something just doesn't seem consistent.

Going to Engine and then to Spark Control for example... I've noticed some of the maps go up to 6400rpm while others go to 6000rpm only, and then I would go over to Airflow and find at the Main VE High RPM the map goes up to 7000rpm?!?!?!

Is this a shortsight by GM? Is there a way to add more cells so that we can at least add more complete data?

I'm wanting to wind my car out to eventually 6800 and I'm not seeing enough map to be able to do so *pout*.
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyhunter
    Is this a shortsight by GM? Is there a way to add more cells so that we can at least add more complete data?
    adding more cells to a table would mean a custom OS for each available operating system in question which could take countless hours of work...im sure if they find there is a huge market It might be something they would consider. Keep in mind it took 7 years for a custom OS to become available to LS1 guys and thats a huge market at this point. Right now they are just spitting out the support custom OS's are more of a long term thing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on this? Chris?

the tables are what they are, that's the way GM designed them.

if you max out a table then the PCM will use the last value in the table. To modify and extend the tables requires operating system code changes is a huge job which is unlikely to happen.

Chris..
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Oops, I responded to the wrong thread (too many tabs in firefox open, doh!).

The part that concerned me was what bad_ls1 and wizzer posted in this thread: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5666

Hopefully it wont be a problem, cant wait for my MVPI Pro to ship and I can try it out.