Thread: 2015 Z06 HPFP tuning.

2015 Z06 HPFP tuning.

Anyone run flex fuel, overdrive crank, headers, and a CAI on a Z, and not run out of HPFP pressure? Lift pump is stable at 58psi or higher.

Trying to see I'm looking at this the wrong way. I would think if I was getting everything from the HPFP, that I would get a drop from the lift pump.
    Am I just way off expecting that?

Currently can't get pressure to stabilize. Drops to 8MPa before I lift around 4500rpm.

Also, can anyone offer some insight into what the duration max value represents? Stock is 130.

Thanks.

you can't run boost and E85 on the stock fuel system parts without lots of meth. BTDT....

you need MPa to stay at 19+ or 25 or whatever you command in the tune.
    you need psi to stay at 70 at WOT

look at your injector pulse width. if it is going over 5.5-6ms then your injectors are maxed out and draining your rails and working over your HPFP. I guarantee you your ipw is over 10ms and duty cycle is 35+

you are out of injector and there are no bigger ones on the market....and now you know why everyone runs meth.....which also makes E85 pointless at this time for this application. However, depending on where your fuel system is exactly, maybe instead of E85, try E30 and see where it gets you.

I've seen people go as high as E50, so I'm experimenting to see how high I can go with this combo. But I thought it was strange to have what looked initially to be ample feed and still a drop.
    Never logged lift pressure before I added the flex sensor. And it's been stable at 58, so I didn't believe it went to 70 at WOT.
    Time to blend in more regular gas.

Tuning Addict
    Higg's, will the cam lobe number upgrade support this? Only reason I ask is because with the cam I've had a z make 740 to the tire and was even better off to dial back the injection timing tables - Actually made it go richer instead of the usual "add to" method... I didn't log supply pressure, but high pressure maintained...

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had tried E-anything with the cam lobe upgrade?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

from what i can tell, nothing will support boost and E85 and it's pointless to try until some much bigger injectors are available aftermarket....

This car was running full tank of E85, stock blower, auto made 720 wheel.... has 32% cam lobe...HP pump was still hanging in to 18 Mkpa. LP pump was at 48.....had no issues controlling fueling at .82-.83 lambda. We swapped out the stock blower for a 2300 and that's where it ended....went back to pump and meth.

Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Tuning Addict
    Howard, what did you finally wind up with on pump gas and the 2.3
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Howard, what did you finally wind up with on pump gas and the 2.3
    They all seem to be around 765-775 RWHP and 775-785 RWFT.... this is pump/meth.

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

Advanced Tuner
    Howard

whats the benefit of going with the 2300, no cam, pullied vs the standard? pump gas

Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Howard

whats the benefit of going with the 2300, no cam, pullied vs the standard? pump gas
    Much to popular belief the factory blowers have more them proven there efficiency when used in there sweet spot. The 2300 use a bit more power to spin it so it needs to be used at 14-17 lbs to be worth it....then the overall mass of air that they move really should be pumped through an engine that has bigger camshaft and good exhaust..

In all our testing on multiple cars the 2300 makes big low end and midrange torque and top end power is about 50-60 more then the stock blower....this is on average... as far as fuel that just depends on how hard you want to push it...

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

This may have sealed it for me. I don't think E85 is the right thing for a Stock C7 Z06.

Update: I just installed the DSX flex fuel kit. Now just waiting on my MPVi3.
    Last edited by knjtuner; 08-28-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knjtuner View Post
    This may have sealed it for me. I don?t think E85 is the right thing for a Stock C7 Z06.
    Works perfect on a stock Z….

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by knjtuner View Post
    This may have sealed it for me. I don?t think E85 is the right thing for a Stock C7 Z06.
    Given the LT4 is octane limited on 93, even a blend of E85 is a massive improvement and a no brainer upgrade. Agree with Ben 100%.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
    Given the LT4 is octane limited on 93, even a blend of E85 is a massive improvement and a no brainer upgrade. Agree with Ben 100%.
    Im running
    17 Z06
    stock boost
    only mods;
    AFE intake
    AFE cat delete
    DSX flex fuel
    E50
    Car is running 132.5 in 1/4 mile per draggy
    It ran 126 before the before mentioned mods.
    Fuel system is happy - pulsewidte is 5.4 I belive
    Commanding and obtaining .83
    2100 DA if anyone is interested

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by donc7z06 View Post
    Im running
    17 Z06
    stock boost
    only mods;
    AFE intake
    AFE cat delete
    DSX flex fuel
    E50
    Seems perfectly reasonable. Keeping at E50 takes a lot of strain off the fuel system vs full E85, while reaping a good portion of the benefits.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Quote Originally Posted by donc7z06 View Post
    Im running
    17 Z06
    stock boost
    only mods;
    AFE intake
    AFE cat delete
    DSX flex fuel
    E50

I like your list of mods. Definitely in line with my thinking. No pulley, just basic mods for street use. I looked into downstream cat deletes xpiple but its apparently no legal and doesn't yield power. The catted down pipes do add power by still illegal.

Removing cats has always added power… I’ve NEVER seen it not…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Removing cats has always added power… I’ve NEVER seen it not…
    …especially with a boosted engine.
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Potential Tuner
    If you think Lt4 stock is limited on 93, you should see it trying to operate under a normal pull on 91. Knock lights up like Xmas (In July, In April, in December - all the time).
    Even adding a few gallons of E will improve it remarkably. Let alone when the sensor input and tune is used.

But maybe that's obvious.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bc928 View Post
    If you think Lt4 stock is limited on 93, you should see it trying to operate under a normal pull on 91. Knock lights up like Xmas (In July, In April, in December - all the time).
    Even adding a few gallons of E will improve it remarkably. Let alone when the sensor input and tune is used.

But maybe that's obvious.
    It is for 99% of the people on this board but no harm in repeating it. It’s amazing how many Gen V owners still do not get this.
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ