Thread: 5.0L Idle Issue

Tuner in Training

5.0L Idle Issue

Pulled this program out of a car I have here. Trying to figure out why it idles at 1000RPM. Desired idle in the HPT Scanner and a Snap-On Scanner both show it to be 999.

No matter what I change the idle RPM to it doesn't change.

joeg.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Your Max(Drive) vs ECT, Adder vs ECT, and Adder vs Startup ECT are all above stock settings. Your idle is set to 800rpm as well. So the adders add to 800 rpm base. Which is how you end up in the almost 1,000 range. Return all those settings to stock

Tuner in Training
    I understand the adders would add to the base idle.

To be a bit more clear though, this is with the car fully up to temperature, 180-200 degrees. The adder is 0 for those temperatures yet it still shows desired to be 999 which is what I am confused by.

Tuner in Training
    I see under Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle that the Throttle Angle Min is 3 degrees. I have only seen .0625 degrees on the tunes I have looked at. Maybe that has something to do with it??
    2012 Mustang GT Manual
    Vortech V3
    Deatschwerks 95lb
    JLT Intake

.0625 is the default ETC angle for throttle bodies. Throttle angle max is usually 81 or 82 degrees.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    I've used Diablo to tune Fords in the past and just switched to HPT. In Diablo there are 2 spots to change the idle on a Ford. I'm wondering if this was tuned previously by someone with Diablo and both of the idle parameters were changed.

If this is the case and HPT only allows me to change one it could still be using the other.

On a Ford can I use one of the stock tunes from the Repository if it matches my build and flash it to the car? Not sure what the requirements are. I know with GM stuff I have to take segment id's into account. Obviously I'd have to copy my changes over for everything else.