Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTT Support now available in VCM Suite 3.1 BETA

Okay first bug.

I start scanning, pull up the RTT window and then pullup the VE table by selecting the play button, VE reads great and updates as normal however clicking back over to the scanner it freezes up the wideband input on the EIO. I can stop the log and close it out without disconnecting and restart scanning and it still will not populate wideband data. You have to fully disconnect from the vehicle and restart scanning before the wideband data will display again.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Also you can only manually adjust the RTT table. There is no ability to paste or paste multiply. Also adjust resolution isn't available either. Doing two Gen3 cars today so would really be beneficial for it to work.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Those two are known issues. We hope to have them resolved soon.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    It reads and writes pretty quick - what an improvement,
    also the switch for the fuel pump is back - nice tool to drain tanks, preset fuel pressure etc.

Sweet RTT is back! Requesting the beta now thanks Keith!

any bug fixes yet?
    anything new in the RTT beta?

Would be neat if they had an Auto cal mode for VE tuning or MAF tuning, using AFR error to correct real time

What bugs are you experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    What bugs are you experiencing?
    not necessarily experiencing any rather just curious about the ones James is encountering before I ask support for the RTT Beta
    Okay first bug.

I start scanning, pull up the RTT window and then pullup the VE table by selecting the play button, VE reads great and updates as normal however clicking back over to the scanner it freezes up the wideband input on the EIO. I can stop the log and close it out without disconnecting and restart scanning and it still will not populate wideband data. You have to fully disconnect from the vehicle and restart scanning before the wideband data will display again.
    and

Also you can only manually adjust the RTT table. There is no ability to paste or paste multiply. Also adjust resolution isn't available either. Doing two Gen3 cars today so would really be beneficial for it to work.
    Last edited by La RPM; 05-12-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Okay first bug.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post

having same issues as this guy..sent email to support

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They are known issues as previously stated. I'm sure we'll post here in this thread once they are resolved. No need to email support for these.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

tried RTT last night.

bugged out within first 3 seconds of using it. After I modified my idle area for a 5% difference in fueling I noticed my lambda error went to -100%. I had to close vcm beta scanner and open it again. Same issue. ended up logging with 3.0 with no issues.

A restart fixed the issues in Beta before it did it again.

Can you give us the exact steps needed to duplicate the problem, including your HPT file?

Advanced Tuner
    I just realised that the RTT is also back in this 3.1 beta! Thats great! RTT was one of the main reasons I bought HPTuners in the first place, then it vanished before I even managed to use it!!

Thanks!

-D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Quote Originally Posted by La RPM View Post
    any bug fixes yet?
    anything new in the RTT beta?

Would be neat if they had an Auto cal mode for VE tuning or MAF tuning, using AFR error to correct real time
    or just have the copy / paste ability again

that auto cal option sounds good too

Tuning Addict
    OK, using RTT today... Couple things I found - to begin with it only loaded the ve table - wouldn't load any of the other spark or associated tables in this category selection... Copy, Paste still not working - understand your working on it - would it also be possible to smooth or view the tables in 3d formats such as they are in tune? Honestly don't remember if you could do this in 2.24? Crashes A LOT - AND even though you may not be using the RTT feature it still bogs down the main scanner just because the RTT shortcut is popped up on the scanner and ready for activation - may have just been me, but noticed it immediately after activating RTT in the tune - worked and logged normally before this?

Then when I finally got it to load the idle tables, I was making changes to these and nothing was actually changing in the tune - took out ALL idle airflow - nothing / shifted IAC scale - no difference no matter what buttons I was clicking on? Since this is supposed to actually make standing changes to the tunes, I re-pulled the tune from the car - verified no changes had been made? Made changes in the tune and flashed - changes made and even seen when repolled with the rtt feature?

I also couldn't get the air fuel error to work when trying to use 3.1 scanner - thought and appeared to be setup correctly, but I'll relook at it

Thank You
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    OK, using RTT today... Couple things I found - to begin with it only loaded the ve table - wouldn't load any of the other spark or associated tables in this category selection... Copy, Paste still not working - understand your working on it - would it also be possible to smooth or view the tables in 3d formats such as they are in tune? Honestly don't remember if you could do this in 2.24? Crashes A LOT - AND even though you may not be using the RTT feature it still bogs down the main scanner just because the RTT shortcut is popped up on the scanner and ready for activation - may have just been me, but noticed it immediately after activating RTT in the tune - worked and logged normally before this?

Then when I finally got it to load the idle tables, I was making changes to these and nothing was actually changing in the tune - took out ALL idle airflow - nothing / shifted IAC scale - no difference no matter what buttons I was clicking on? Since this is supposed to actually make standing changes to the tunes, I re-pulled the tune from the car - verified no changes had been made? Made changes in the tune and flashed - changes made and even seen when repolled with the rtt feature?

I also couldn't get the air fuel error to work when trying to use 3.1 scanner - thought and appeared to be setup correctly, but I'll relook at it

Thank You
    I can't comment on the bugs you are seeing, but RTT never made changes to the flash tables in the ECM, you must copy the RTT tables to the tune in the editor and flash them in as usual.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuning Addict
    I thought it did - been a long while since I used it last Sorry about that... Come to think about it, I think someone else on here was asking about this a few months ago and I had commented to them that they needed to copy and paste them into the tune where they were using 2.24... Sometimes we just need to step back and think before writing I guess

Thanks Chris
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Can you give us the exact steps needed to duplicate the problem, including your HPT file?
    2002 Fbody 3bar OS, RTT set to VE/PE/Spark, car has been warmed up, Wideband is ready, only chart vs time/graph open, hop over to RTT and a cursor will already be moving around each map's cells before the RTT functions are enabled. Enable the feature and it will be fine until you click out of RTT onto graphs

PLX Layout v3.0.Layout.xmlRichard e85 tune.hpt

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post

Thank You
    Air Fuel Error was my fault - got it straightened out... Latest update is allowing the idle tables to actually update and make standing changes while the engine is running - still getting failed to load messages if trying to use rtt and the scanner at the same time - don't seem to get them if you just use the rtt feature - obviously this won't work too good if your doing VE or Spark stuff I know I didn't mention that before, but wanted to get more info of when it's happening before reporting...

When the rtt wrench icon pops up still really bogs the scanner down - seems like you have to wait for ever for the cells to change in the graphs to see what data your trying to plot - possibly what La RPM is also having trouble with?

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    My map sensor will freeze during a log. Closing the program and reopening it will fix it. 2 bar map sensor if that matters.