Thread: Injector HELP please.

Tuner in Training

Injector HELP please.

Can anyone give me the injector data for a GM part number 12594512. It is a 36lb flex fuel injector from a 2007 and newer Silverado, Thaoe, Yukon. Any help would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    I bet you can find it in the tune repository

Tuner in Training
    Already looked through all of it. Nothing for 36lb flex. I found a file from a 07 flex fuel Tahoe with the same injector part number I have but the graph is different. For the 02 model it's flow rate vs kPa and for the 07 it's flow rate vs pressure delta. Dunno if I can still just use the numbers or what. I have an issue with the truck running lean and WOT only at the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. I have to let out just a little to let it shift. Checked fuel pressure today and it's not dropping at all.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, remember 07 had the classic and new style in the same year and used different controllers. Lemme see if I can find the thread about transferring data over, its typical for guys with LS2s running LS3/LS7 injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-To-LS1-Format

You need Excel to open the spreadsheet but it will do the conversion for you.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome. I will try that when I get to work in the morning. Is it possible for the flow rate I have entered in my tune to cause a lean condition during WOT a couple hundred rpms before it shifts??

Advanced Tuner
    If you dont have proper fuel data, it can cause all kinds of different issues. Correct injector data is the foundation for a successful tune and the reason for a lot of bad ones.

Tuner in Training
    I sure hope getting the injector data right will solve my problem. Thanks for the help. I will post results tomorrow eve.

Advanced Tuner
    Just a quick FYI. If it has a return style system, your Injector flow rate is the same across the board.. Also your batt offset is the same from 0kpa to the max.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Tuner in Training
    My system is returnless. Walbro 255lph in tank to a corvette filter/regulator then -6 hose to the back of the engine with a Y and -6 to each fuel rail and a crossover in the front.

Potential Tuner
    Sounds like your on the right track Mr.Howell.

Advanced Tuner
    Howell, I'm curious of the outcome. I am in the same boat. I'm running an LS2 injector (12569113) in a 03 truck that has been converted to returnless with a corvette filter also. I've tried copying the injector data from other vehicle tunes that run these 34# injectors, but I still have small drive-ability issues. I'm not sure if those issues are from incorrect injector data, or the need to retune VE after upgrading.

I'm just curious if the copy/paste method worked for you...
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Tuner in Training
    Swapping the injector data helped a lot. And I believe I have found my 4K rpm and higher lean problem as well. VE will definitely need changes made after you get the right injector info in. Wish I could help more, but I'm learning a little as I go.