Thread: 2004 6.0 not reading MAP in HPT 3.0

2004 6.0 not reading MAP in HPT 3.0

Hey Guys,

I got a call to work on a car last week, I updated HPT to 3.0 that morning and then went to the job.

I'm working on a 1952 Chevy limousine that has had a 2004 LQ9 & 4L80E swap. It's also got a Big Mutha Thumpr cam and an edelbrock Pro-Flo intake manifold.... so It's like a Hot Rod Limo.

Using an OE PCM with an aftermarket/fabbed harness. I traced every pinout from the PCM to it's corresponding sensor and checked for continuity with a DVOM. Everything seems to be okay wiring wise, for the exception that the PCM doesn't seem to be linked to the TAC module so the pedal, TAC and throttlebody are acting independently of the PCM. (and TPS is not recognized in the scanner)

My main concern is I can not get VCM scanner to recognize MAP readings. It's not that it's due to low vacuum from the cam because in the scanner there is no needle on the gauge and the ignition advance histogram stays only in the top row of the KPA/MAP axis.

Thinking the problem was sensor or wiring related I pursued those options first to no avail.

As a test I plugged my windows 8 tablet loaded with HPT 3.0 into my stock HPT tuned 2009 GMC 5.3/4L60E, hit the record button and now this time VCM scanner doesn't recognize or won't read the MAF and the MAP. Just blank gauges again. And the ignition advance histogram again only stays in the top row of the KPA/MAP axis.

I'm heading out to keep working on the car today, when I get back I'll upload the tune and the scanner log.

Halp!

Thanks for your time. Cheers.

Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 04-18-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Custom PCM Tuning in Hollywood Ca