Thread: Low fuel pressure and pids not reading, any ideas?

Low fuel pressure and pids not reading, any ideas?

I am working with a 2010 Mustang with aftermarket cams and rear mount twins. I can get the car to crank and idle fine, but fuel pressure is really low at 18-20psi @ idle and doesn't seem to respond to the changes I am making. If I add throttle or engine load the fuel pressure will drop out. Let off the throttle and fuel pressure will return.

The pids that are not reading are ETC Vacuum and ETC Effective Throttle Area. ETC Vacuum is pegged at 15.00 or 82.00 and moves back and forth like flipping a light switch. ETC Effective Throttle Area is at 428.09insq at idle. If I add throttle this number will decrease but return to 428.09insq if I let off the throttle. These two pids not reading are causing me not to be able to calibrate the throttle body angle error.

I am using 3.0.65 scanner. I have both The Tuning School and LaSota racing books for Ford. Neither really touch on fuel pressure issues and correction methods. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    TBSS Cam Only Record Holder 1.467 60', 11.568 @ 116.86
    Second Fastest Naturally Aspirated TBSS 1.484 60', 11.144 @ 119.46

Tuner
    I had a fuel pressure issue, turned out to be a fuel filter issue (too small for flow level. 800lph through a quarter sized filter clogged really fast)