Thread: 06 Mustang auto shifting issue

Advanced Tuner

06 Mustang auto shifting issue

Hello, a customer brought over his mustang to get tuned but i have a strange issue with the trans shifting and i cant figure it out. Car has a vortech supercharger, 42 lb injectors, and full exhaust. Transmission is stock. The problem the car is having is it doesn't want to shift into 2nd gear and cuts the fuel way earlier then its supposed to and i have to let off the throttle and it shifts right into 3rd and i can floor it again. And the shifts are very harsh. I have tried using all the stock values in the trans section and it does the same. I know the tune is way off but i need to get the trans shifting correctly to finish tuning it. It might be worth mentioning that most of the this changed in the tune are from a previous tuner but i need the trans to shift right first and then address the rest of the things. Car has been at several different transmission shops and they all say the issue is not in the trans. Ill include a pair of logs and the current tune thats on the car.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    It looks like it's trying to shift at 5200 rpm. Try lowering the 1>2 shift rpm. I've had to fight with this issue on my 93 tbi truck. I built the tables out to 5000 rpm and it would get there with plenty of power but not shift. Change the mph to from 44mph to probably 40. Doing those 2 things may work. You may also change the torque trucation.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. My customer bought a used trans and swapped it in and everything works fine now. Not sure what was wrong with this trans but no shop in my area could figure it out. I think he mentioned he had done 4 complete rebuilds by different shops and none could find it. Everything works fine now though. Thanks.