Thread: 2008 VE commodore alloyec tuning

2008 VE commodore alloyec tuning

A friend of mine has asked me to do a street tune on his alloytec 2008 Commodore, so i had a look at a stock tune from the repository and i can see some basic things i can change which would improve the driveability (ie, engine torque managment, COT, dial in the maf and WOT fueling ect).

One thing i would also like to do is dial in the spark tables, now, ive tuned a few gen 3 and 4 v8s which are pretty straight forward with spark tuning but these v6s have 4 spark tables depending on what angle the cams are on.

Can anybody school me on how to log each table if its possible? or how are you guys tuning the timing tables on these engines?

Any help is appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Which timing tables are you referring to? Is this a direct-injected engine or port injection? I'm guessing port injection becuase of the age, but wanted to make sure.
    Last edited by jtrosky; 03-17-2016 at 04:34 AM.

Im talking about the 4 open throttle timing advance tables. This is a port injected motor.

Potential Tuner
    love to know if you found out about these tables ive been wondering the same thing???

Advanced Tuner
    Start by copying the In Min. Ex Min table, and pasting it to the In Max. Ex Min, In Min. Ex Max, and In Max. Ex Max. So that way all of the timing tables are the same. Then stop doing your tweaks that you want to do. Just make all the tables the same through your tuning process. So each change, do it the same to all 4 tables.
    Main Spark Advance.png