Thread: Torque & Inverse Torque Tables On Mostly Stock Car...

Tuner in Training

Torque & Inverse Torque Tables On Mostly Stock Car...

Im working with a '14 GT that is primarily stock. The vehicle has 3" exhaust from the cats back as well as an Airaid elbow with a drop-in panel filter.

I have been slowly setting up the tune following the Coyote Cook Book and I have set the timing tables up initially to reflect the screen shots that Don provided.

The torque tables as well as the inverse are throwing me for a loop though. If I am reading the guide correctly, it is essentially suggested to start with the OP tables in each segment and uniform the mapped points to create your baseline correct? Is this necessary for my vehicle? Being so close to stock, does it really make sense to even tinker with the torque and inverse tables? I am wondering if I should simply retain the timing tables I have changed and just leave the torque model alone....

Thoughts, Suggestions?

Thanks

For a mostly stock or modified NA car, you won't need to modify the torque calculations tables.

The OEM values already cover up to more than what an NA car can make.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

It's true you won't need to modify them at WOT for NA, for headers or intake, but an intake manifold change can necessitate some part throttle alterations.