Thread: Crank relearn not working with 3.0?

Tuner

Crank relearn not working with 3.0?

When I try to do a crank relearn with 3.0 it tells me to rev the the fuel cut then release.

With 2.24 to would fuel cut at a medium rpm (Maybe 3800 rpm if i remember?) and then tell me if the procedure was successful.

With 3.0 it is not giving me a lowered rpm fuel cut or any target rpm. It seems to want me to rev it to the 6800 rpm limit I have in the tune. That doesn't seem safe. so after trying that a few times I lowered the rev limiter in the tune to 5200 rpm and tried again. It doesn't give me any indication that it worked or that it failed. it just stays saying "gradually rev to fuel cut and release." It doesn't seem to be working.

Tuner in Training
    Still not working...

What version of 3.0 are you using, and on what vehicle?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Its an 08 vette. Just downloaded the newest version 5 mins ago

same with

'13 Buick Regal (LHU Engine)

Tuner in Training
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post415062
    it was very touchy on the timing once i hit the learn button... took me a dozen times..

Tuner in Training
    i had to rev it real quick after clicking the learn button or it would rev to the regular rev limiter....

OK, maybe that works, but you need the feedback that CASE learn worked.

Otherwise you just sit there, rev it like a monkey and don't know whats going on.

Tuner in Training
    Anybody ever figure this out? I keep trying this and dont get any indication if it was successful or not so im assuming it wasnt.

Tuner in Training
    it is very touche and you have to rev it to the limiter quickly... but this works...

set park brake,
    push and hold brake until you are completely done,start vehicle,
    click ( crank learn) fairly quickly accelerate till you hit the cut off, let off throttle once it has come to an idle IF successful your mil will go off,
    click the OK button that told you to accell to cutoff,
    turn off ignition for atleast 15 second. restart and the mil should stay off
    you can now release the brake.. ( i also had to go into the diagnostic menu and clear the code from there on VCM Scanner but after that it should be fully reset.)