Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FG 5 speed pcm pats?

Advanced Tuner
    i'll see if i have another couple calibrations that match that os id, but care to elaborate a bit on what might be the cause?

Advanced Tuner
    Not really in open forum until I know for sure it is correct as it is possibly a software issue!

Advanced Tuner
    so the strategy i attached at the start of this thread was actually for an egas which is of course a 4 speed, it was the wrong file as i misnamed it.
    the strategy i was actually working with is a 5 speed strategy of HAEDJJ4. after talking with grant for a bit and try a few things here n there i realised i hadn't actually tried using the 5 speed strategy on this pcm, a friend had a 5 speed pcm he used in a conversion last year and had this issue but i was sure he'd at least tried the 5 spd strategy to see if it would run, now i'm not so sure lol.
    the reason we both didn't bother with the 5 speed strategy is that we can't change the trans type in the strategies we had for the 5 speed plus no option to change vss which isn't AS important, just meant we didnt trouble shoot properly.

so, the 5 speed pcm doesn't seem to disable PATS when a zf6 or manual strategy is flashed on it, but the 5 speed strategy can be flashed onto a zf6 pcm. so is all a bit strange but whatevs...
    i emailed support to have those added to the strategy so will see how we go.

Advanced Tuner
    hm... so it seems its having the auto disabled in the tunes that is causing the 5spd pcm to turn off shortly after you start it.
    with the changes made to that strategy it was doing the same thing as the manual and zf6 strategies (with the auto disabled) but if i enabled the auto in the zf6 strategy it works.

will have to see exactly whats going on here lol.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I have same problem with this strategy. Did anyone figured it out?