Thread: L36 --> l67 2 bar conversion?

L36 --> l67 2 bar conversion?

So Ive got an L36 PCM that I am trying to setup to run a 2 bar map sensor. Unlike in the lsx range of HP Tuners, I cant just upgrade it in the software (that I can find, feel free to share if Im missing it)

My 2 bar is reading ~50kpa when the engine is off, which sounds about half of what a 1 bar would when scaling for voltage. I read vague references to people being able to scale the map sensor to use 2 bar outside of HPT on google. I'd really prefer to not have to pony up a bunch more money to license all models of this year to flash the entire OS if I can avoid it.

Can anyone aim me in the right direction? Ive attached the L36 tune I am playing with right now. Its basically stock with a scaled MAF, scaled injectors, and some codes turned off. 3_28_2016_Various_Initial.hpt

Much appreciation!

Anyone? I contacted HPT support and got a message about them thinking I needed free tuning advise, which was a bit annoying since all I asked about was swapping the MAP segment from L36 to L67. Anyone I can contact?

Tuner
    You are going to need a supercharged file for the computer to read the sensor.

any suggestions on how to do that, or is licensing the entire model year the only way to go about that?

Someone with a DHP tuner could change the BIN and make it work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    This is a sensitive subject. 5fdp is the person to talk to, he knows his stuff when it comes to the ve tables, I can only keep this an HP tuner aspects because it's a very sensitive subject. When it comes to the ve tables referred to as l26 - l36 platform adding a 2 bar map. You going to get mixed reviews here. Guide him the right way so he can achieve his goal in wisdom

Ended up licensing an L67 OS and flashing it on. Boo
    Last edited by Crash41301; 04-11-2016 at 07:57 PM.