Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.2.9+ Serial Wideband Feedback

Tuner in Training
    Both of my laptops the Panasonic CF-19 and the CF-31 have a onboard COM-port. But my LM-2 does not operate using these COM with the VCM Scanner v 3.4.42. Channel names for AFR and status disappeared as soon as scanner began logging. Why is this so? I have to apply any special settings or special COM number for the onboard COM? Or a onboard COM will not work and I need to buy a USB-to-Serial adapter?

Tuner in Training

Angry

lm2 and the mtx-l no longer working on a serial connection for me they disappear from the channel list when i start recording.My second tablet i use is still on 3.4.7 and it works. my main tablet doesnt however, even tried reinstalling 3.4.7 on it, and get same results. log works recognizes them, so i know they are working.is there anyway we could get the ability to set the com port for the serial connection.
    Last edited by whistler777; 02-13-2017 at 02:37 AM.

I've been using both an MTX-L and a LM-2 through serial. I seemed to have no problems with the MTX-L. I would read correctly, however, on occasion would disappear from the channel list. A simple close and reopen of VCM Scanner would solve that. Now, the LM-2 I have the most trouble with. If the AFR is extremely high, the scanner will report correctly, such as KOEO. If I am actually tuning with it, I get the numbers in the 500s and have to use a transform function. This isn't too much of a problem. However, after 1 or 2 logs, the LM-2 will stop appearing in the scanner and I will have to close and reopen. Sometimes, once or twice. Sometimes, I have to unplug/replug the USB-Serial adapter and it will begin working again. I still prefer doing all of this vs dealing with voltage offsets. I hope it can be figured out soon. If you need any more info to debug, feel free to ask.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Advanced Tuner
    Havent tried any of this yet. I see the serial selection for my Lc-1 which has a usb for my laptop I would think that's easy enough to figure out. What do I do with an AEM 4110 which only has a single wire for serial data and no usb?
    Last edited by Nastruck; 03-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Advanced Tuner
    Some looking around. Wire in a db9 connector to usb for the aem should get it to do what everyone is doing serial wise
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Tuner in Training
    So using both vcm scanner versions 3.4.48 and 3.4.80 (updated today) I still cannot get my LM-1 to log. I can add a LM-1 channel but as soon as I hit the "start scanning" button it disappears and also does not log..? Do I need to setup something? What am I missing?
    I am really new to version 3.4. I previously had a version 2.xx and had my LM-1 all set up, and accurately logged using analog signal ( i think, anyway - its the 2 wire signal into the MPVI pro EIO plug)

Thanks for any help
    Bryan
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944

Why not just use the analog input then if it's already hooked up and you're familiar with it?

If you still have it hooked up the same way as before but are trying to use this (serial) option then it just flat won't work.. it's not hooked up correctly for it to work

Wideband setup:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface)
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    In my case, the serial LM-2 is connected absolutely correctly. Because the Innovate LogWork 3 Software works my LM-2 via serial connection with any of the my laptops.
    But the VCM scanner 3.4.xx does not work with the LM-2 through the serial. Added the Lm2 channels disappear, but as soon as I press the "start scanning" button.
    And I'm apparently not alone with this problem.

so just to make sure I'm understanding the basics here. I see plx wideband under serial channels. so I log that channel in hp but just hook the wideband into a USB port on my laptop and it logs data all linked up correctly?

or at least that's how it's supposed to work?

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone had luck with hooking up a AFM1000 or AFM1500? I know James has asked a few times.

Been trying to get it to work with an AEM 30-0300 via serial with no luck, getting the disappearing as soon as I start recording.

Why is there no where to define the com port? It has to be looking for a specific one I would think.
    Last edited by Harlech; 04-09-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlech View Post
    Been trying to get it to work with an AEM 30-0300 via serial with no luck, getting the disappearing as soon as I start recording.

Why is there no where to define the com port? It has to be looking for a specific one I would think.
    It searches through all available COM ports to try to find a valid stream of data. If it doesn't find one then that's when it disappears

This way is easier for the end user

Potential Tuner
    Need a new portable wideband. Which brand is working reliably with HPT these days? No more Innovate products for me. I have 2 LM1s & 2 LM2s all junk. They are flaky when they do work. The crap connectors eventually they don't work at all.
    I have days of shop time into trying to integrate the innovates in the past with no success. Reading through 8 pages here I don't feel so bad. Hearing good stuff about the NTK gen 2 for reliability. Does it work with HPT?

I've had good luck with the AEM 30-0333 via CAN bus but the CAN portion only works on CAN vehicles (everything 08+ and some models like C6 Corvettes back to 05)

It has an analog out also. I've compared it to the CAN output and it's shockingly fast and accurate, but you have to add two pins to the wiring harness on the wideband to add that the 0-5V output. I've never had any offset issues with it at all. It has a separate circuit (separate ground) just for the 0-5V output so there's no ground offset stuff to worry about.

I had the same issues with Innovate. Error after error, offsets were all over the place, such a waste of time

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I've had good luck with the AEM 30-0333 via CAN bus but the CAN portion only works on CAN vehicles (everything 08+ and some models like C6 Corvettes back to 05)

It has an analog out also. I've compared it to the CAN output and it's shockingly fast and accurate, but you have to add two pins to the wiring harness on the wideband to add that the 0-5V output. I've never had any offset issues with it at all. It has a separate circuit (separate ground) just for the 0-5V output so there's no ground offset stuff to worry about.

I had the same issues with Innovate. Error after error, offsets were all over the place, such a waste of time
    Thank you.

Tuner
    I've been a user of PLX units for many years. Never ran into any offset issues, and none of the constant re-calibration antics of the Innovate units. The 0-5v output is "plug and play", it also offers serial output and NBO2 sim (0-1v) if desired (also both plug and play).
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

I never had any issues with the PLX unit either. I would say it's not quite as fast as the AEM one I'm using now, but I'd get it before any of the Innovate ones

Tuner
    Have a LC2 in my car and one the dyno, use serial everyday. Works fine EXCEPT still have to close out scanner and restart it after doing a log or the WB will disappear.

I've got a old lm1 and a lc1. I've only ever had one problem with each one. but the same problem haha. if I turn the car off and restart it to quickly, like within a few minutes, like say stopping for gas. it give a pump error and has to be cycled power a few times to come back correctly. never had any other issues. but that's enough that I went plx this time.

well that and I thought the bluetooth phone app would be easier than buying gauges and mounting them.

Potential Tuner
    Support is telling to reply to this to get help.
    I have a APSX wideband thats wired for serial. Everyworks but the fact i cant add it yo the software for logging. How do i go abouy adding it to the list?