Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incredible amount of problems with tune

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by matty b View Post
    I'll look again and see if I can find a fault, Im watching playoff hockey too so I may not be much of a help tonight.

ETA: are you able to read the WB controller AFR directly (a program outside of HPTuners)? In situations where the fueling at idle is off, I can literally close my eyes and use my ears and butt to know where its right while adjusting the commanded AFR with the biderectional controls. I threw away an LC1 wideband because it just wouldn't run right when I knew the motor was. You can hear when the idle tightens up, no weird misses and it "feels" right. There also could be an issue with where the wideband is. Is it in the tail pipe or right near the collector?
    So you throw away widebands and seat of the pants tune it.... Did you even calibrate the unit correctly? I dunno about these statements. When things don't go right.. Install the wideband....
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    Absolutely not. But your eyes and ears, ass and nose have as much to do with a tune as the sensors. If the motor is running like crap (sound) , you smell gas (smell), see raw fuel or black smoke (sight) and is shaking or otherwise vibrating (feel) but the WB reads lean, do you add fuel? If you can't answer that yourself, then you shouldn't be criticizing what I said. When you have a car idling and the sensor says you are running lean and you keep adding more fuel and it gets to the point that its barely running, its a sensor problem and if it does it repeatedly with new sensors, probably time for something better than the failre prone LC1 controller.

ETA Oh and when I put the LM2 on it, guess what? Yeah, I was pretty much on. Dont treat me like I dont know how to do a free air calibration and definitely do not come back and say that it was wired poorly.
    Last edited by matty b; 04-20-2016 at 12:10 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So i thought i would update this thread. Ive swapped back to stock injectors out of a 5.3, i seem to be having the exact same issues i was having with the 80lb injectors. attempting to command an AFR above 13 causes the engine to go full lean and die instantly. Adjusting the ve table to compensate results in overly rich conditions that the engine runs decently at or atleast idles at around 11.8-12:1.

Ive ordered a new pcm, iac and map sensor and im going to try and install these. parts next week but im stumped as to what this problem could possibly be. It acts like a table of some sort is adding and subtracting from the ve table at idle randomly.

Tuner in Training
    I solved this issue, ended up being a bad pcm. Swapped in a new one and everything worked perfectly.