Thread: LC-2 Reading vs Narrowband

Tuner

LC-2 Reading vs Narrowband

Don't have a gauge to set voltage offsets, but would you say my WB is off? Below is my readings, using OE LC-2 0-5v outputs.

Air/Fuel Commanded: 14.68
    LC-2: 14.93 (Lean)

o2 B1 .781 (Rich)
    o2 B2 .760 (Rich)

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like a voltage offset, maybe.

What value does the LC-2 display in the LogWorks program, via the serial interface?

Tuner
    Don't have a serial-usb adapter to hook up to my macbook. So you can see a live feed via LogWorks? May be a cheaper alternative to buy the adapter cable than a gauge.

Tuner
    Looks like you can... Just ordered the Sewell (Innovate 3733) USB to Serial Adapter for $12.45 shipped on eBay... So I guess I'll be able to find out if I do have a voltage offset. Now that I'll have the serial, would I be more accurate to use that over the MVPI side bar or is this for people that don't have the pro version?

Advanced Tuner
    The innovate LogWorks program should give you a live digital reading of AFR to compare with the 5v output values.

There is another thread here, somewhere, about using the serial data with HPT. Last I remember, the Innovate serial data was not working 100% yet.

In most cases, the serial data will be more accurate than the 0-5v data. But, slower.

Tuner
    Cool, I'm going to stop tuning (at least I was going rich if anything) until I get the adapter in so I can see.

Do you have a log of you driving it for a while in CLOSED loop? If so, post it. It's possible to do some long term averages of non-PE areas to see what the average WB readings are. It won't be perfect, but if it's obviously far away from 14.7 then something isn't right