Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6R80 downshift issue 6th -> 5th 2015 Mustang GT

6R80 downshift issue 6th -> 5th 2015 Mustang GT

The 5th gear in manual mode (S) can turn in WOT till 240km/h. But if the car runs in the 6th gear, near 210-230km/h its not possible to accelerate. I need to select the 5th gear. But this is not possible over 190km/h. This is sometimes bit annoying for raising the speed!
    Anyone know, where to set this?
    thanks

You basically want to alter the threshold for the 6->5 downshift at those speeds so that is doesn't remain stuck in 6th and will allow a downshift to 5th?

You should be able to do this in the Sport Mode Shift Map.

Trans ---> Auto Shift Speed ---> [ECM] 37398
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

I tried tis table... but there is no different! rised the values in the last table. But the manual shift problem is the same. how I think, Eric don't has all tables decrypt in the section.
    all tables are for the Automatic Mode. no one is for "S" manual Mode.

Tuner
    Hey Henry,

I have the same problem, and can not find any corresponding entry point in the software to tackle the problem.
    Also already changed several tables in Auto Shift Speed back and forth without any usable result, as this only occures in select shift mode it did not effect anything.

Therefore it does not seem to be a general torque, Speed or rpm limitation.

All EU Auto Mustangs have this Problem and people keep complaining about this issue big time.

Anyone ? Please help !
    Mustangklinik.de

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Town-GT View Post
    Hey Henry,

I have the same problem, and can not find any corresponding entry point in the software to tackle the problem.
    Also already changed several tables in Auto Shift Speed back and forth without any usable result, as this only occures in select shift mode it did not effect anything.

Therefore it does not seem to be a general torque, Speed or rpm limitation.

All EU Auto Mustangs have this Problem and people keep complaining about this issue big time.

Anyone ? Please help !
    Issue fixed ! Eric thanks a lot for adding this posibility ! Awesome!
    Mustangklinik.de

Quote Originally Posted by G-Town-GT View Post
    Issue fixed ! Eric thanks a lot for adding this posibility ! Awesome!
    Yes Mark, you are right. the isue is solve. I'm happy to got this possibility. My customers are happy with that!
    thanks to Eric!

Glad I could help
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Glad I could help
    I've sent some datalog and support ticket in this case long time ago. After this new tables were added, limit can be raised to even 300km/h in software but in real it's not allowing downshift above around 260 and apply to all modes, D S and paddle. To allow downshift again speed needs to be lowered to 245km/h or so. Once downshifted to 5th it can pull in 5th to 290. Autoshift speeds tables, downshift RPM, torque tables don't help with that. Also EU mustangs.
    Last edited by caniggia; 07-05-2018 at 02:33 AM.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

This is a tuning problem - I had this some time ago and was able to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    This is a tuning problem - I had this some time ago and was able to solve it.
    Post log from EU Mustang downshifting with speed above 250. Mine is here
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...0-kmh&p=525781
    Last edited by caniggia; 07-07-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

It affects all 6R80's - it has nothing to do with missing tables. Everything is there - either EU or US models. I won't upshift or downshift above 250 kph either.

Here you go bud, mark 27s it breaches 250kph, mark 36s it upshifts to 6th at 273 kph. Check the date, solved last year October.

https://youtu.be/e21gC5obiT0
    Last edited by veeefour; 07-08-2018 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    It affects all 6R80's - it has nothing to do with missing tables. Everything is there - either EU or US models. I won't upshift or downshift above 250 kph either.

Here you go bud, mark 27s it breaches 250kph, mark 36s it upshifts to 6th at 273 kph. Check the date, solved last year October.

https://youtu.be/e21gC5obiT0

I asked for log from downshift, movie shows upshift at 270, I upshift no problem to 6th at 290. Looks it's different problem. I can no problem lower speed were downshift is possible, but nothing happens when I try to upper it with any tables available. Its not related to shift points, downshift prevention, torque tables, max allowed rpm after downshift, max driveshaft rpm or tranny rpm. Downshift prevention works up to 250 and nothing changes raising it more. Its no load dependant also as I tested it on load dyno, on the way and also no load on lift. Its always related to 6800 os rpm and around 250.
    Last edited by caniggia; 07-08-2018 at 04:06 AM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Downshifts just fine - no worries. Keep looking. Unless you are trying to say that I'm lying?
    Last edited by veeefour; 07-08-2018 at 05:02 AM.

I asked for log showing downshift, you show upshift to 6th at around 270 and lift throttle at 275 and decel, no downshift. If you are not trying to help, just stop posting, that helps nobody. I ask for log for proove, if it's tuning issue, I won't ask support and waste their time. It's forum not for advertise what you can, but to help community. I discussed this with few people and nobody see tuning issue. Tune and log is posted in link above if anybody wants to take a look. Once Ill have solution, for sure I'll post that here as always.
    Last edited by caniggia; 07-08-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

I really can't understand what are you trying to say - mind rephrasing? But if you want my help please PM me - can't give you my logs, sorry.

This is a tuning issue I was hunting for months - I can't share this publicly as I spent a huge amount of money to solve this. You have the proof - accept it.

You might still ask Lund, AED, or VMP as they solved it long before me. I gave you the best advice I could - the answer is there, work harder.

I you are still trying to imply that I'm lying then I'm afraid we are done talking.
    Last edited by veeefour; 07-08-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Vmp, lund, aed uses sct.

Anybody can confirm it's tuning issue, would be great. Showing log to show if something is working is nothing bad. Thanks.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Hi Eric,

I have the same problem with downshifting issue 6th -> 5th 2015 Mustang ecoboost.
    All EU Auto Mustangs have this Problem and people keep complaining about this issue big time but the local dealer can't find any problem, and can not find any corresponding entry point in the software to tackle the problem. They say as long as the main dealer of mustang get's no complaining, they can do nothing.
    What do you think about this and how did you solved this problem?

Thanks in advance
    Jacques.

Advanced Tuner
    210kmh-230kmh is 130-142mph.. why are you still trying to go faster in 6th? Trying to get to moon?

Near 180km/h = 120mph at 3600 rpm its not possible to accelerate. I need to select the 5th gear but this is not possible over 170km/h with a ecoboost.
    Last edited by jacques belgium; 10-23-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    210kmh-230kmh is 130-142mph.. why are you still trying to go faster in 6th? Trying to get to moon?
    Peaked 300 kph on German autobahn because we can...I can close 5th at 270kph.

6R80 has few high speed/high rpm shifting problems. We solved a few but it's still not working as I would like it to.