Thread: 04-06 GTO A4s tranny tunning info

Tuner in Training

04-06 GTO A4s tranny tunning info

Im new to hp tuners and would like to start a thread with any helpful tunning info for 04-06 a4 gto.
    Im currently wanting to make my 1st gear to 2nd alittle longer when driving regular what should i do to change that?

Quote Originally Posted by brianl
    Im new to hp tuners and would like to start a thread with any helpful tunning info for 04-06 a4 gto.
    Im currently wanting to make my 1st gear to 2nd alittle longer when driving regular what should i do to change that?
    transmission > auto shift speed > part throttle shift. Look in the normal, performance, and cruise boxes and set the numbers higher to match the speed (mph) vs throttle position you desire. They upshift way too fast with the stock settings so you'll be bumping the numbers which read in mph.

The first to second gear shift is labeled 1 > 2 shift

Jody

Tuner in Training
    thx camcojb ... lol i keep wanting to call you corncob for some reson

Quote Originally Posted by brianl
    thx camcojb ... lol i keep wanting to call you corncob for some reson

Jody

Tuner
    04 has trans stuff in ECM, change anything and everything.

05-06 have trans stuff in TCM seperated from the ECM. meaning there are bunch of tables not yet supported by HPT.
    Last edited by WorkingManPerf.; 04-29-2006 at 03:15 AM.
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Chris, are you guys trying to unlock more LS2 tables? There's got to be more in there.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]