Thread: throttle position pedal position very choppy

Tuner in Training

throttle position pedal position very choppy

Hello,

Very new to this whole thing... Just received VCM Suite and have started logging/scanning. The vehicle is a 2011 Silverado 2500 6.0L

Please take a look at my log. If you look at the top time graph, look at how choppy the pedal position is. Its easiest to see at the very end of the file where I am idling for 10 secs or so.

This can't be normal? Any thoughts? thanks for your help.

Clint

log3.hpl

Hmm, that is interesting.

I've never seen one be that active before, it sure does change alot even though it always less that 1-2% at the most.

I wonder if it really dirty on the back side of the blade. It wouldn't hurt to remove it and clean it and clean the MAF sensor aswell.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The back story is that I have been unhappy with the light throttle acceleration of this truck since it was new. It has been to the dealer many times and they finally told me it was the TCC locking / unlocking that I was feeling (normal). Then it turns out there was a TSB regarding faulty throttle position sensor (or some part of that system). I took it to the dealer for that, but since I wasn't throwing a code they basically said they were going to charge me $100 to diagnose and it probably wouldn't be covered under warranty. I am wondering if this is what I am seeing... but I find it interesting that it appears to be in the pedal sensor and maybe that is translating to the TPS. I am so new to this its difficult for me to really understand what I am looking at.

Clint

Tuning Addict
    With the V3 scanner, I almost consider this normal... I've seen way worse with this new scanner because of how it "self integrates" readings... I've got a O2 readout that looks like shark teeth going up and down as it's switching voltage - literally a triangle formation that follows the O2 voltage up and down... Wish they hadn't done this with the new scanner - can't trust anything I see anymore... In fact I'll post the last log and you tell me if it's normal. Scanner also is showing 0mv for one O2 that's switching and working correctly via different scanner.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    You can fix your throttle issues via the tune...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You can fix your throttle issues via the tune...
    Haha....I hope so.

Yes, you definitely have the shark teeth. I am not sure I understand the reason, but i'll keep loggin and learning....

thanks
    clint

Is that throttle PID for the pedal or for the blade? Is there a reason that can't be right?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I also get the saw tooth data pattern for TPS on my 2010 Camaro E38... however it's in the other direction (up, not down) and it's not as severe. The Channels data doesn't change... just the chart.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    I have done quite a bit more logging and have not seen it... I think its an artifact of the software and not the voltage changing rapidly.

Thanks for the input.

clint