Thread: Transmission Truncation

Potential Tuner

Transmission Truncation

Hi

Im tuning Lincoln Navigator 5.4 2006 with roots supercharger, larger injectors. Full throttle and cruise seems ok.
    What I still can not overcome is launch with full throttle. ECU goes to Transmission Truncation (Trans Trunc) mode in Torque Source, ignition retards about 10-15 degrees and stays close to zero. Torque source switches to Driver Demand after approx 2600 rpm and ignition looks well till Rev Limit.

I tried almost everthing I could to disable that Trans Trunc in Torque Management. Actually tried all maps there. Also tried VSS Limit ETC. And no result.

Finally, I have not found any way as raise ignition in area till 2600 rpm and the car started to launch more or less.

But, might be someone had experience with such issues?
    And also what I can not understand, why it does not want to shift to lower gears when kickdown it from cruise mode, but shift up well during normal acceleration from zero speed.

Advise please )))

Dmitry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see the truncation tables in your tube, i wonder if they are not supported or if its labelled differently. I had torque truncation for torque source on my Coyote and it was limiting my torque, for me it was in Trans>Torque Management>Torque Truncation. It raised the torque limit for each gear, set them all for 500lbs and hasn't limited me since.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like it may have not been defined for your PCM.

I know vehicles 2005-2010 were mapped out a long time ago.

I'd email you're story and files to support and see what they can get done for you. It is clear that you need to adjust more torque limiters.

email [email protected]
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80