Thread: LS1, LSA blower, need base tune

Tuner in Training

LS1, LSA blower, need base tune

Hey guys. I've got a 89 Rx-7 with a stock block LS1 and a LSA blower on top. It has LSA injectors, LS9 cam, stock compression (10ish:1), running the factory 3 bar map sensor. I'm running a 0411 pcm, I've got a wideband. I'm coming close to having it ready to start. So does anyone have a tune that would be close for me to start with? obviously timing tables would have to be adjusted due to the higher compression. just looking for some insight for someone that may have already had experience with this. thanks

Eric

This might sound like a pain in the ass, but best advice would be to change out the ECU if you can.

It's doable, but there are alot of tables not present that would help giving you the stock feel and crazy power you need making tuning it a PIA.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate the response but that would require completely changing everything ive done. I understand that crate LSA packages run the E67 PCM. but for me that would entail pulling the engine and swap the 24x & 1x reluctors to 58x 4x reluctors, drive by wire throttle body, add a tac module, wire that all up, repin the harness for the new pcm, buy a pcm, unlock a pcm, then tune from there. I've had this car running already with the ls1 NA, and also running with the efi connection 24x setup on a SBC before this engine. I can gradually figure out what is needed for it to run but I was hoping for maybe a kickstart ahead for someone that's dealt with a 3 bar map tune on a gen3 pcm already. I understand its probably rare so it was a shot in the dark. ill try to post my tune once I get it up and running for others who might experience this in the future.

Tuner in Training
    I'm nearly where you are now, have an LS1 and am installing an LSA supercharger as well. Please let me know what you find and I'll do the same.

Tuner in Training
    Ditto here. Have mine installed and have been pouring hours and hours into tuning (on the street though, so limited tuning). I am certainly willing to swap/exchange tunes to compare and improve!