Thread: Corrupt Files

Advanced Tuner

Corrupt Files

Anyone had issues with files getting corrupted? I had to wipe my hard drive a while back because it would corrupt every new file I made and cause the car to want to go full boost all of the time. It had some other drivability issues, but that was the biggest problem. I even made the tune so it wouldn't boost at all and it still wanted to go full boost. If I loaded an older file that I didn't not change, it would work just fine.

Anyone ever have this issues?

HpTuners, do any of you guys have any idea on this?

I've never had an issue for as long as I have been tuning. I don't use my computer for anything other then tuning so I don't believe I downloaded a virus. Every now and then I would do my college work on it and search some papers, so it is possible I opened something I shouldn't have, but it only seemed to affect my HpTuners programs.

Advanced Tuner
    I even tried emailing tunes and they were corrupted still. I had to explain what changes to make for a while just to keep tuning.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I know this sounds as simple as the old: "Did you check to see if there was any gas in there, light a match?" But is there any chance the hard drive simply wasn't letting you make any savable changes to your tune files? The files at one point could've been saved as "read only" without allowing changes to save over. Or even if your computer is saving the recently edited files to some other weird spot than where your original tunes propperly reside. That's the only way I could imagine your older files still working that you "didn't not change".
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 03-22-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I wish it was that simple. The files were saving, and it was definitely uploaded to the car. I was hoping HPT had some input on this, but so far no response on here. Of course I could email them, I just haven't.

There have been other threads with the same issue of LNF file being corrupted. I saw it on one car. Wasn't until a known (old tune) that worked was flashed that the problem was fixed. Strictly in the tune. All the changes from the new tune were copied and saved into the old tune. One worked fine. The other flashed caused major issues.

Advanced Tuner
    I've seen that issue before Bill, but this is different. Even when I start over, as soon as a new file is created it becomes corrupted. No matter what I tried I always had a corrupt file with minimal control. The only reason I could load an old tune that would not be corrupted was because it was not a recent save. At least that is my guess.

Have you tried modifying and saving on a different laptop? May be corrupted vcm install.

Advanced Tuner
    I tried email tuning with someone, and every time the file was used, it was corrupted. When they made the changes I told them to a stock file, they were fine. They couldn't start with any file that was corrupted from my computer. It had to be an original file that was not corrupted.