Thread: Which vehicle had LS2 injectors and a return style fuel system?

Advanced Tuner

Which vehicle had LS2 injectors and a return style fuel system?

I have a 2003 silverado with an ls1/6 setup. I have been using the stock 03 truck intake with 25# injector, but I am now out of injector (102%DC over 5000rpms).

I purchased a newer style truck intake with the larger TB, larger ls2 injectors (GM # 12569113), and return-less fuel rail.

If the injector data for these injectors on a return style fuel system already exists, I would prefer to modify the new return-less style rail into a return style.

So far all of the tunes in repository I have found, show the FLOW RATE VS KPA as incrementing. This means its a return-less style fuel system.

I need to find a vehicle that has these ls2 injectors (GM # 12569113) and a return style fuel system, so I can find the correct injector data.

Anyone know?

Thanks
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Senior Tuner
    the return style or return-less dosnt matter its only if u have a reference fuel regulator that u then need to change the injector data or not, if u do have it vac referenced then u have to change the delta and offset tables to suit

Advanced Tuner
    Aaah! ok, so the I will drop the return/returnless portion of my searching, and focus on vac referenced/non vac referenced. Thanks. So If I can locate the tune for a vehicle with these injectors, even if its not vac referenced (which I am), I can do some sort of calculating to change the values to vac-referenced??

Have a formula?
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Wait. If I run the corvette fuel filter on the returnless style fuel rail, and it does not have a vac reference, then i can use the non vac referenced data from any ls2 car...
    Last edited by justhereforinfo; 03-18-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Senior Tuner
    for a referenced reg just use the size of the injectors say 33lb and make the delta table 33lb across the board, then for the offset data for the ls2 injectors find the same column that your line pressure is at without engine running say 400kpa then copy that column into all other columns, so now the reg will be doing the job the tune was doing by adjusting delta and offset values to suit, im not sure on my original injector numbers but min eis a 07 LS2 so i an give u there factory data if u want to use it..? then just adjust it to suit

Senior Tuner
    yes if u use the non vac ref then u just use the factory LS2 injector data and good to go

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for your help! I'll give it a go.
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff