Thread: 03 Silverado Security light

03 Silverado Security light

I did research and couldn't find a hard answer. I have a friend with a 2003 Silverado and the security light is on and wont start. I understand that the BCM receives the information from the ignition and sends a password to the PCM to start. If I turn vats off in the PCM, will it start? Will I still get a security light on the dash? I'm assuming I will.
    00 Trans Am: Forged Iron Block 370ci, LS3 heads and intake, LS3 Polluter cam, LS7 lifters, FAST 92mm Throttle Body, Long Tubes with Off Road Y, Magnamouth Cat Back, SLP Lid, Viking Front Coil Overs, Rear 3 Way Drag Shocks

Has he tried a security relearn?? I think they have a procedure you can look up.

But otherwise yeah, you could just disable the security feature in the tune and it "should" start and the light should be off because it's disabled.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Put truck on a battery charger.

Turn key on and try to start truck. When it dies, let it sit with the key in the on position for 10 mins or until the security light goes out.

Do it three times and Voila! Truck will run no problemo. Also works if you have to get a new ignition switch or key.

Im aware of the security learn, thats not fixing it. The problem is in the ignition. I just want to make sure the security light will not be on, the BCM controls that. I know we can only program the PCM or TCM with HP tuners.
    00 Trans Am: Forged Iron Block 370ci, LS3 heads and intake, LS3 Polluter cam, LS7 lifters, FAST 92mm Throttle Body, Long Tubes with Off Road Y, Magnamouth Cat Back, SLP Lid, Viking Front Coil Overs, Rear 3 Way Drag Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Mods89 View Post
    Im aware of the security learn, thats not fixing it. The problem is in the ignition. I just want to make sure the security light will not be on, the BCM controls that. I know we can only program the PCM or TCM with HP tuners.
    The light should go off when you disable it

Awesome, thanks! Im going to do it tonight.