Thread: Cant log Engine load in 3.0.55

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Cant log Engine load in 3.0.55

06 mustange 4.6

I used to be able to log engine load before scanner v3.0.55 !!

any help is appreciated to log it.

good thing knock retard in degrees is added now but i need to log engine load to tune spark table

Edit, Repoll Parameters

Tuner in Training
    I tried. It didnt get me anything new

Email [email protected]

Give them a copy of your current tune and an infolog file that was pulled while you were connected to the car. Tell them what car you have, what your current strategy is, what version of the scanner you are using, and what all you are missing in the scanner.

How to pull an infolog file
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...acting-support

They will get everything working for you.

Also, if something isn't logging correctly(weird values and such), it wouldn't hurt attach a datalog and tell them the time stamp where you see issues in the log.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 03-16-2016 at 02:06 PM.

you need Air Load, not Engine Load, right?

Banned
    My Engine Load doesn't work too. Reads 0.
    I tried Engine Load from Specific Parameters and from Generic Sensors and still nothing.
    I tried making my own Engine Load in Maths Parameters and tried a lot of random math (and Units in %) and still nothing.
    So somehow no one else with VCM Suite has this problem or cares about their engine load? Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    My Engine Load doesn't work too. Reads 0.
    I tried Engine Load from Specific Parameters and from Generic Sensors and still nothing.
    I tried making my own Engine Load in Maths Parameters and tried a lot of random math (and Units in %) and still nothing.
    So somehow no one else with VCM Suite has this problem or cares about their engine load? Fascinating.
    It's fascinating that you didn't read the posts above and haven't already repolled for parameters or sent a request to support to have the parameter added.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    It's fascinating that you didn't read the posts above and haven't already repolled for parameters or sent a request to support to have the parameter added.
    It's also fascinating that you assumed I didn't read the posts above and also that thread/link in your previous post + assumed that I have the full, non-demo version of VCM Suite where I can connect it to my car, record a log or tune or whatever, get whatever info and send/show it to HP Tuners... (when I wrote "My Engine Load doesn't work" I was referring to the Chevy Silverado demo cruise log and was/am thinking if it doesn't work for that car, then it won't work for mine) + the "help" you're providing me/us with is just to email HP Tuners about it instead of chatting about it here (where HP Tuners post too and other helpful people) and seeing who else has this problem, if we all have this problem or just certain engines/vehicles...
    No one here said their Engine Load PID is working..

Also, if for example 100 people have/had this problem and it's the same problem for all 100 people with the same answer/solution... don't you think it would be better if someone from HP Tuners came here and said "add blah blah blah to wherever/whatever to fix the problem", instead of those 100 people emailing HP Tuners the same question?

And the OP didn't come back here with a "thanks AKDMB, my Engine Load gauge now works because of your helpful post" reply after half a year, so I'm guessing his gauge still doesn't work and/or he wasn't satisfied with the help he got here.

Sorry, I just replied in the same manner you did, short and with an attitude, that usually gets you tons of help.

When someone says "Engine Load won't log", I and everyone else assumes they have the HP Tuners software/hardware and are having a problem datalogging a vehicle that's in front them.

You should have said " I am thinking about buying HP Tuners, I have a 2011 Ford Whatever, and want to log Engine Load. It wasn't in the demo version of the software, can I log it?"

You can't add a parameter to be logged after the fact when you're viewing a datalog, you have to select it before you even start the log.

Load is a basic parameter that I can just about guarantee will be supported for your application ( if your application is supported by HP Tuners). There is a list of supported vehicles on HP Tuners home page. This software isn't one size fits all and is constantly being updated to add additional features for already supported vehicles, and they are working also to add support for more vehicles. The supported datalogging parameters are different for each vehicle. I can guarantee you that the OP got his parameter added. I have requested HP Tuners to add several parameters to VCM Scanner that weren't previously supported for my vehicle, and they followed through every time. They are experts at what they do. At least OP had the courtesy of being polite and telling us what car he had and the situation he was actually in.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 10-21-2016 at 11:12 AM.

If a loggable parameter doesn't exist for your strategy but does for other strategies for similar Ford models, an email to support is all it usually takes to get it added. They have been very accommodating to me and have pretty quick turnaround time.

AKDMB's post #4 hit the nail on the head as to the best solution.

Banned
    Sorry, I just replied in the same manner you did, short and with an attitude, that usually gets you tons of help.

When someone says "Engine Load won't log", I and everyone else assumes they have the HP Tuners software/hardware and are having a problem datalogging a vehicle that's in front them.

You should have said " I am thinking about buying HP Tuners, I have a 2011 Ford Whatever, and want to log Engine Load. It wasn't in the demo version of the software, can I log it?"

You can't add a parameter to be logged after the fact when you're viewing a datalog, you have to select it before you even start the log.

Load is a basic parameter that I can just about guarantee will be supported for your application ( if your application is supported by HP Tuners). There is a list of supported vehicles on HP Tuners home page. This software isn't one size fits all and is constantly being updated to add additional features for already supported vehicles, and they are working also to add support for more vehicles. The supported datalogging parameters are different for each vehicle. I can guarantee you that the OP got his parameter added. I have requested HP Tuners to add several parameters to VCM Scanner that weren't previously supported for my vehicle, and they followed through every time. They are experts at what they do. At least OP had the courtesy of being polite and telling us what car he had and the situation he was actually in.
    I bought VCM Suite and am expecting it to arrive in 10 days and want to sort out as many problems/questions (I have now or will encounter in the near future) as I can asap.

"You can't add a parameter to be logged after the fact when you're viewing a datalog, you have to select it before you even start the log."
    Then how did I add a custom HP PID, a Torque PID, adjusted all the other PIDs Max/Mins/Ticks... to the Silverado demo and all worked fine

"Load is a basic parameter that I can just about guarantee will be supported for your application ( if your application is supported by HP Tuners)."
    Okay thanks. Yes my application is supported by HP Tuners. But then how come the Engine Load PID doesn't work on the Silverado in the demo? Oil pressure doesn't work too.

I'd rather not say what car I have and didn't think my situation I was in mattered. I did not write "PLEASE HELP! EMERGENCY" anywhere. In fact, I didn't even ask for help. I was just adding to an interesting and unresolved thread.
    I wasn't rude. You are just easily offended / highly strung. Your avatar is proof of that.
    Last edited by Mr. Smith; 10-21-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I wasn't rude. You are just easily offended / highly strung. Your avatar is proof of that.
    Actually as my first post and someone that has browsed these forums for quite some time, the irony in the situation is without reading your username I already knew it was you as the minute you started posting in these forums your attitude is easily interpreted by your short tenure here.

You where rude, you are aggressive and you are in just about every post so far presenting information as if your life depended on it...while the opposite exist for AKDMB from all I have read.

Btw his avatar is the Gadseden flag and a very historical American Flag and is used quite often down here in Texas as well so I do not think you understand the symbolism there or the quirky ness of it being used in a car forum as well since it refers to tread.

Your statement "So somehow no one else with VCM Suite has this problem or cares about their engine load? Fascinating." is condescending

Your statement "I'd rather not say what car I have and didn't think my situation I was in mattered" there are no secrets here we are all helping each other so ALL information will help, so unless your on the proving grounds I think we would all benefit from that.

Your thread "Does VCM Suite STANDARD support wideband controllers??????????" indicates panic and the need for help from a previous post, relax, enjoy the forum we are all here to help give it some time which follows most of your post.

So as an unbiased, person who is dedicating his very first post to you ...lets take a step back you are on a learning curve, one that will last quite awhile use the resources here that are given free to you as we all do and above all enjoy it...this is fun, not a battle!

I bought VCM Suite and am expecting it to arrive in 10 days and want to sort out as many problems/questions (I have now or will encounter in the near future) as I can asap.

"You can't add a parameter to be logged after the fact when you're viewing a datalog, you have to select it before you even start the log."
    Then how did I add a custom HP PID, a Torque PID, adjusted all the other PIDs Max/Mins/Ticks... to the Silverado demo and all worked fine

"Load is a basic parameter that I can just about guarantee will be supported for your application ( if your application is supported by HP Tuners)."
    Okay thanks. Yes my application is supported by HP Tuners. But then how come the Engine Load PID doesn't work on the Silverado in the demo? Oil pressure doesn't work too.

I'd rather not say what car I have and didn't think my situation I was in mattered. I did not write "PLEASE HELP! EMERGENCY" anywhere. In fact, I didn't even ask for help. I was just adding to an interesting and unresolved thread.
    I think you're talking about creating a custom parameter that performs a calculation based on data already being gathered in the log. You can manipulate existing data, but not create it from nothing. IIRC the demo contains a sample datalog file. Before you start a datalog you select what PID's you want logged in your channels. If you don't select RPM for example, and you start the datalog, drive around and save the file, you won't be able to see RPM when you go back to review the datalog later. So whoever took that datalog didn't select engine load before they started the log. If you're talking about not being able to find the PID's you want when you try to add additional ones, it might be because you have never connected to that particular vehicle before and the VCM Suite hasn't created a "vehicle profile" for it. Look under the vehicle tab, and see what it says. I think it's possibly a fluke or something related to the demo software. If it's an "older" Silverado pretty much every possible parameter available should have been added by now, since HP Tuners has supported GM products for so long and since there seems to be less variations in their PCM's/Strategies.

Yeah man, you can tell from the avatar, I'm on the side that gets offended so easily these days...

Hope I'm understanding what you're trying to ask.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit View Post
    blah blah blah.............................................. .......................
    LOL + *rolls eyes*

So you signed up after apparently browsing this forum for quite some time just to tell me that. Not to help someone here, be constructive or ask questions... but to judge me and tell me I'm rude.
    Now THAT is fascinating!
    Calm down, AKDMB - I mean "snakebit" before you give yourself a heartattack. There's no need to be negative and to start arguments with new members and to try to tone them down to your liking just because you feel jealous, inferior...
    If you don't like my posts, then don't read them and mind your own business (instead of going over all my posts/threads like an angry crazy stalker, trying and looking hard for ways to make me look bad and ranting about me in a thread and conversation that doesn't concern you).

Oh and as for that avatar.. at the end of the day it's an image of an angry snake about to strike with an aggressive message underneath it in capital letters. It comes across as hostile, rude, aggressive and negative to 98.931% of people on the planet.

I think you're talking about creating a custom parameter that performs a calculation based on data already being gathered in the log. You can manipulate existing data, but not create it from nothing. IIRC the demo contains a sample datalog file. Before you start a datalog you select what PID's you want logged in your channels. If you don't select RPM for example, and you start the datalog, drive around and save the file, you won't be able to see RPM when you go back to review the datalog later. So whoever took that datalog didn't select engine load before they started the log. If you're talking about not being able to find the PID's you want when you try to add additional ones, it might be because you have never connected to that particular vehicle before and the VCM Suite hasn't created a "vehicle profile" for it. Look under the vehicle tab, and see what it says. I think it's possibly a fluke or something related to the demo software. If it's an "older" Silverado pretty much every possible parameter available should have been added by now, since HP Tuners has supported GM products for so long and since there seems to be less variations in their PCM's/Strategies.

Yeah man, you can tell from the avatar, I'm on the side that gets offended so easily these days...

Hope I'm understanding what you're trying to ask.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Exact response I expected, like to the letter so easy to read people sometimes lol!

Look man, good luck with your tuning, learn to take constructive criticism sometimes when multiple people are pointing out he same thing and you will make it a lot farther in life and make a lot more friends...were all here to help just don't expect/demand it.

Hope things go well for you on your car, sounds like you are on the right track!