Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What other "how to" threads do you guys want to see?

What other "how to" threads do you guys want to see?

Between Ed and myself we've put together quite a few how-to threads to help everyone get going on Scanner V3

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Is there something else you guys would want to see a how-to for? I am open for ideas on what to do next.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Between Ed and myself we've put together quite a few how-to threads to help everyone get going on Scanner V3

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Is there something else you guys would want to see a how-to for? I am open for ideas on what to do next.
    How to filtering? Filtering transients which could be used for daily driver logging to help filter out data so you don't have to take as much time to hand pick, and any cool tricks that 3.0 offers that anyone can benefit from.
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

I've noticed some are still struggling with wideband input through A/C or EGR sensors V3. That one would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Torque_Vector View Post
    How to filtering? Filtering transients which could be used for daily driver logging to help filter out data so you don't have to take as much time to hand pick, and any cool tricks that 3.0 offers that anyone can benefit from.
    Ed is probably better at that than me. I can show some stuff I've tried that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
    I've noticed some are still struggling with wideband input through A/C or EGR sensors V3. That one would be helpful.
    Yeah I think that's a good one too. I don't have one actually connected that way so it makes things more difficult. I can go through the motions but would need someone to try it to make sure it works as expected. Ed also did a video on this one I believe

Ed also did a video on this one I believe
    The video explains the gist of it pretty well, but moves pretty fast during the maths. My college algebra teacher passed me to get rid of me... math blows... I need a static display to stare at so I can scratch my head until it sinks in....I'm sure I'm not the only one like that. I used the video when I set mine up. There was a lot of pausing, rewinding, screen shots, zooming, hours of cursing, and you still had to help me get the kinks worked out of mine...

Another writeup I'd like to see is, if it's even possible, how to smooth the AFR corrections out in the ecm. The AFR oscillates lean-to-rich-to-lean-to rich over and over especially at idle. It makes for an annoing display on the gauge and seems that a motor would run much more efficient if the corrections weren't so extreme. AFR doesn't seem to really stabilize until WOT.

lol, k I'll do some step by step style instructions then following his video. I think the two doing basically the same thing will be the best route

I think my calculus 3 professor did the same

Tuner
    Ed is probably better at that than me. I can show some stuff I've tried that helps
    Cool that would be helpful. I will take what I can get ha

I have used things like the (FTC)fuel trim cell to filter out data for cruising, but advanced filtering would be helpful if such things exists. rate of change etc...
    (filtering out throttle blips or every time you let off the throttle at a stop light and push in the clutch and such)

Also I am still confused on LS1 2002 pcm and what all needs to be disabled for data logging in OLSD? DFCO, COT, Fuel trims? The check lists for pre data logging setup is different from source to source that I have read (I have read so many different articles it has confused me) and they don't have a good enough explanations as to why. I wish I had a data sheet on the GM computer so I new exactly what skews your numbers while tuning. Also what parameters you would then end up leaving disabled if you permanently want to run in Speed Density and which ones to leave enabled.

Maybe that is too specific, but I figured I would mention it:

A how to on pre-data logging setup would be helpful for LS1 2002 pcm.
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Tuner
    A detailed filter guide and common filter strings. Ed has already helped me get started and explained some stuff to me. This is something that is hard to find on the net.

Tuner in Training
    X3 on the filtering! Big thanks to the both of ya.

Advanced Tuner
    Id like to see how to plot the graphs against the MAF instead of the MAP , like stft for example.

I really miss the histograms

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...er-V3&p=419231

Does this one not cover what you're looking for?

The settings for graphs are basically the same as "histograms". The advantage of V3 is it's much easier to find PID's you want to use and CAN use with all the search/filtering available in the parameter selector.

There are really only 3 things you have to know.

1. what you want to show inside the graph/histogram (STFT, AFR error, etc.)

2. what you want on the column axis (going across the top, MAF freq, MAP, RPM, etc.)

3. what you want on the row axis (going down the side, g/cyl, RPM, etc.)

Understand what you want on each of those 3 things and setting up pretty much any histogram/chart is easy

Everything related to idle airflow , from 98 to e38, thanks for the help

Yeah, I'm probably not going to be able to help with that one. If you have a specific graph/histogram or something you want I can show you how to make it.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Everything related to idle airflow , from 98 to e38, thanks for the help
    What do you know? Are you saying you want to learn how to tune Gen III/IV Idle or develop the new graphs and charts from your 2.24 histograms? Need a bit more specifics please

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

yes develop the new graphs and charts in the 3.0. for tuning BRA in gear and P/N thanks Ed

Maybe Ed knows what you want, but that isn't enough info for me to be any help.

What do the "old" ones look like?

I'm working on two videos...should be done by 9pm et.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    this should be a simple one....in the channle display, how do i make some blank lines in between two channels? I want to space a few groups of channels apart, just for aesthetics and ease of viewing at a glance.

That's easy, just highlight what you wish to move down and right click. Then click move up or down.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    got it, thanks