Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What other "how to" threads do you guys want to see?

Can someone post a log that has AC or EGR voltage included so I can use it for a how-to for running a wideband through the AC or EGR input?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Here you go..one I generated the video against.....also all the charts graphs and required Math....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Awesome, thanks. I have a whole lot of nothing going on at work this week so will probably do a how-to thread on that

can someone share some good filtered maths for wideband and/or error%? im doing street tuning a lot and cant find the way to filter the good data .... just using stft for part throttle and always wideband.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Between Ed and myself we've put together quite a few how-to threads to help everyone get going on Scanner V3

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Is there something else you guys would want to see a how-to for? I am open for ideas on what to do next.
    I'd like to see a how to on Speed Density tuning a 4 cylinder E78.

Yeah, don't have one of those laying around lol. And this was meant to be how to use the new Scanner how to's, not full blown tuning how to's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    can someone share some good filtered maths for wideband and/or error%? im doing street tuning a lot and cant find the way to filter the good data .... just using stft for part throttle and always wideband.
    I agree with this. I don't understand how to setup a filter so I can filter out the deceleration while tuning my MAF. Any video or screen shots would be a great help with this. I used to kind of understand the principal on 2.24, but never actually did it, not I don't understand how it should be done on here at all.

No need to post this in 5 spots.

Certain fuel trim cell #'s are using during decel

Ed posted a ton of detail on which numbers are which in one of the other threads you responded to. Read it.

Basically whatever you put in the filter box will either be true or false. If it's true, then the data you're getting at that point in time is used in that graph. If it's false, then it isn't used. So.. once you figure out what fuel trim cells are for decel, then basically come up with a formula that is only true when you're NOT in decel.

So if fuel trim cells 1 2 and 3 were decel then you could use a filter that's something like [6310] > 3 or something like that. For more complicated ones you can do stuff like "[6310] = 3 OR [6310] = 4 OR [6310] =5", etc. to combine multiple things you want to be true or not true. You can use "AND" instead of OR if you want/need to as well.

[50090.156]>10 for example would mean only use the data when throttle is over 10%

All simple, all the same as 2.24, and all in the help files.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Not to get off topic, but I have been messing around with the fuel trim cell in open loop, but wanting to filter out data for part throttle. It stays in #22 except for decel I think it changes to #21, but never hits any others while in open loop.

[6310]=22 is what I use for the FTC part so it keeps data that when FTCis equal to 22 and blows away any others, but in my case any others (FTC=21) is on decel which is what I want to get rid of anyway.
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Tuner

How to polling intervals guide

How to on polling interval options and explanations of when and why you should choose different speeds.

I am not sure what the best choice would be when I am running serial connection to my Innovate MTX-L WB (progammed at 1/12 speed) or even for analog input method for that matter. I see that you can set the polling interval of the Equivalence Ratio Commanded. Because this is used in the lambda error calculation won't the speed need to match up with the WB serial connection (which is unknown to me) to make the data more or less accurate? Why wouldn't you just put it on the fastest? Would it take up to much space for other data? Default is 200ms it says.

Thanks
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Not sure there is a "best"