Thread: Failed MAF issue on 2015+?

Failed MAF issue on 2015+?

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced an issue similar to this. I'm
    working on a supercharged 2015 Silverado 6.2 A8 and I have the MAF failed, the
    CEL is on at startup and the code shows up. One startup (drive home last night)
    everything works fine other than MAP will not go over 97 kPa and TPS won't go
    over 50% or so.

The next startup (this morning) the CEL is still on and the code is showing to be
    present, however now it will go well over 97 kPa and the TPS will go to 84%
    and everything else seems to be working correctly other than now the intake
    cam stays at 0 all the time, no movement at all, no codes etc... I cleared the
    codes and disconnected/reconnected the logger and now it's back to the way
    it was last night for the drive home.

WTF???

Tuning Addict
    I've had issues where the engine would crank then die over and over with a failed, dtc's setting maf when cold. Wouldn't continue running until I unfailed the maf, let the engine warm up, then refailed the maf? Nothing like this though???
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I had a similar issue on a 2016 Camaro. Didn't have any MAP reading issues but the throttle would not open past 60% no matter what I did. Car has a TVS2300 running approx. 5psi. Basically I just tuned the VE table around the issue and then when I re-enabled the maf I used that to tune any of the areas I couldn't get to with VE.

Not sure why it did it.. Must have something to do with the ECUs calculation of incoming air vs. torque, strangely even as the VE table started to get closer to what I consider proper the issue didn't improve. Maybe there is something else in the ecu that needs to be turned off when you disable the maf, if anyone has any clues I would love to hear it!

Car made 570/572 with a manual by the way, feels very fast!
    Last edited by LSChev; 03-18-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    While this is not the only problem that guys run into; make sure you set the PRatio limit higher when you fail the MAF. Otherwise you will chase your tail. I'm sure you are already doing this, but we all miss the basic stuff from time to time.

Screenshot (3).png

Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced an issue similar to this. I'm
    working on a supercharged 2015 Silverado 6.2 A8 and I have the MAF failed, the
    CEL is on at startup and the code shows up. One startup (drive home last night)
    everything works fine other than MAP will not go over 97 kPa and TPS won't go
    over 50% or so.

The next startup (this morning) the CEL is still on and the code is showing to be
    present, however now it will go well over 97 kPa and the TPS will go to 84%
    and everything else seems to be working correctly other than now the intake
    cam stays at 0 all the time, no movement at all, no codes etc... I cleared the
    codes and disconnected/reconnected the logger and now it's back to the way
    it was last night for the drive home.

WTF???
    Same problem here 2015 gmc yukon denali 427, whipple ,cam in the high 23x @.050 I had no problem getting wot with maf on went to sd lost a bunch of throttle
    lower my air base back to stock helped some still off 40% throttle at the start 25 at the top
    lower my max tq to just a 80 over stock that did not help
    up the driver demand 10% seen what could of been .5% more lol
    my first gen 5 not sure how guys are getting the ve table dialed in with out killing trans on a8

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I've had issues where the engine would crank then die over and over with a failed, dtc's setting maf when cold. Wouldn't continue running until I unfailed the maf, let the engine warm up, then refailed the maf? Nothing like this though???
    I had this happen,I pulled my hair out until I though about the problem
    With the mass air set to fail it gives it very low air flow when the engine cranks so very low fuel
    I looked at maf reading when idling made the table the same from idle all the way down so it gets fuel to start
    bam fixed the problem

This was a off road buggy so he had a main power switch it reset every time he shut power off.
    I had done 100s of early ls1 never had a problem.
    I never read this any where on doing this so I was thinking vats lol .
    IF it is warm when your doing your sd set up the motor runs just a little longer and kicks it to sd and you do not see it.
    some cars do it some do not depends on if it gets enough fuel when cranking to get sd happening
    battery disconnects (resetting the ecm) make it happen more